Favorite Sports

Flamewave

i used to love and play heaps of sports but after i started IB, i moved to a new school with limited on site facilities.

i loved the teamwork in volleyball when i was with my old team and when i used to be good at it. (im so out of practice these days). i know the exact feeling you guys were talking about.

soccer is also FANTASTIC!!! though im so unfit these days i play futsal instead. i was a winger (left usually) and i loved the intricate footwork and passing plays our attacking players used and loved being a part of it. defense annoyed me though coz i sucked at it.

i also love badminton, mostly because its available most lunch times at school. but i love playing full hardcore with my friend du coz it just takes my mind off everything except moving around the court properly.

Table tennis is fun in that way too, because of the concentration i need to put in.

I love running. I totally agree with you, Flamewave, running does relieve stress! :)

Yeah! It's a beast! I especially like running in nature, preferably with a stream close by. It is awesome! Although, I will admit, I enjoy the feeling of showing off when I'm running around commercial areas.

Anyone tried water jogging?

Going underwater and just 'jogging' against the water. Its harder than normal running and cooler lol

Oh, water jogging is fun! I've only done it in an above ground pool, though. What is crazy is when you run around the outside and create a whirlpool of sorts, and then turn around and try to run against that current. Oh, man, that was a good workout!

Dancing is the best damn way of exercising, according to me.

I love Orientalic dancing and Latino and participate in Les Mills' "Body Jam" at my local gym.

I'll admit, I have a soft spot for dancing. I don't know how to bust out all the advanced techniques and such, but I do what I can on the floor. A little Cha Cha followed by some swing can get the heart pumping quickly. And, hehe, I really like those line dance songs that they play at school dances, like the Cha Cha Slide and, of course, Crank That Soulja Boy! That "Body Jam" sounds interesting, though!

Edited by Flamewave

Personally, I love gymnastics and dance, because it's all about seeing how far you can push yourself. :)

But I also like to play volleyball, soccer, lacrosse, basketball, and ultimate frisbee when I'm in the mood for a team sport. Yay teamwork! :)

I used to do gymnastics and I love it so much. I regret the day that I gave up. Argh. Although I can still do most of the stuff I could when I quit, which was 7 years ago.

Edited by Bandev

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest neri09

Dancing, because of the freedom in it - you just do what your body tells you to.

And twirling for the control it gives you over your movements, and for the brainwork.