Theatre EE

Jayesaphine

Anyone else doing their EE in theatre? I'm one of the only 2 people at our school doing it at the moment and i'm completely lost for titles. What titles did any of you pick? I'm thinking of comparing and contrasting styles/ practitioners but I'm not sure! Any ideas?

Jayesaphine x

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i finished my EE already, my title was more technical not theoretical. My title was "To What Extent Does Lighting Communicate the Character to the Audience?" . My advice would be do something you like! This task can be very easy or very hard, if you do something you don't like it will be a very tough one! Be specific , my first question was too broad , however my teacher helped me narrowing it down! Good Luck and let me know if you need any help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I very seriously considered pursuing a Theatre EE before, and I like your idea of contrasting different genres or styles.

Perhaps take a specific movement, like Absurd Theatre perhaps and talk about how it has been influenced by Commedia. That way you aren't just syaing what is simliar, and what is different, but instead analysing, and demonstrating an understanding of how theatre relates to itself.

One key term I've learnt over the course of theatre is: effectiveness.

It's all about effectiveness, how effectively can these choices, or using this style communicate the main idea?

I'd love to hear where you've got to now~

Good luck!