When does your school close for vac?

HiggsHunter

At our school we have one already tomorrow XD Or it is a type of pre-test graduation ceremony, penkkarit :) wikipedia it if you want. We got a messge talking about how original and amazing it is gonna be so I'm looking forward to what the IB2s have cooked up :)

Edit: yeah if you read the wiki it says its in February, but thats only for the "normal" students. For IBs it's later cause we have exams later than the people on the "other side" :D

Edited by citizenoftheuniverse
  • Like 1

Our final day changes from year to year, but it's usually around June 15 which is the day we end this year. We have to go a certain number of days as required by the city, and since we start the day after Labor Day (in the US) that's when we finish. Even though all of our exams end at the end of May (IB and AP included) we still have to go until the 15th. Most of this time is just spent watching films in classes or doing busy work, although I remember last year my SL math teacher decided to teach everyone calculus related-rates problems and implicit differentiation "just in case we needed it for university or were taking calculus the following year." Blah. Personally I wouldn't go back to school after IB exams if I could choose, but I have to.

Since we end before we get our IB results, my school puts on its own IB graduation ceremony in December when everyone is on winter break from uni. We all come back from the various unis we went to and get our IB diplomas (which the school receives in the summer and just holds on to until the ceremony) and just have a nice little reunion. :) In the past the current IB2's perform a skit and present a list of inside jokes relating to the class that just graduated (so the class of 2012 would do this for the class of 2011) and it's marvelous, but last year's was bad as our principal is new to our school and doesn't realize that IB students work very hard and deserve a special ceremony. According to him the skit, jokes, etc was "unnecessary." Yeah, we've talked to our IB coordinator and she promises to us that we will get a nice ceremony no matter what the principal says. :D