Commentary 1 on Minimum Prices and Externalities. Article good enough?

Your article is written on Tuesday, January 18, 2011. The reason I mention this is because I'm not sure if the 2013 economics syllabus states that econ commentary articles must be written a maximum of 6 months before the start of the course. This is a rule for the old syllabus but I'm honestly not sure if it still applies. If it does, then the latest you could possibly start the econ course to still be able to use this article is June 2011. So check that out or if someone else here could confirm if the rule still applies, that would be great!

Content-wise, I think this article is good; you can definitely talk about minimum prices and externalities. I would first discuss the negative externalities of consumption and then talk about how one could solve that problem, where you can talk about minimum prices and price floors.

But yes, good article. Stick with it if you can. :yes:

• Like 1

Nice article - seems intelligent and you talk about quite a bit.

But keep in mind that it's the content of the commentary that counts more than the article, so if it is ineligible as Summer Glau mentioned, then find a similar article and write a similar essay with the same key points.

Your article is written on Tuesday, January 18, 2011. The reason I mention this is because I'm not sure if the 2013 economics syllabus states that econ commentary articles must be written a maximum of 6 months before the start of the course. This is a rule for the old syllabus but I'm honestly not sure if it still applies. If it does, then the latest you could possibly start the econ course to still be able to use this article is June 2011. So check that out or if someone else here could confirm if the rule still applies, that would be great!

Content-wise, I think this article is good; you can definitely talk about minimum prices and externalities. I would first discuss the negative externalities of consumption and then talk about how one could solve that problem, where you can talk about minimum prices and price floors.

Wow, I never actually looked at the date the article was written. o.O Thanks a lot . Fortunately, since my course began around the last week of June even if the date requirement for the commentaries for the May 2013 exams did apply, I think i'm safe. And wouldn't January 18th be 6 months before *July* 18th?

---

I just read the timing requirements for the IA's of the May 2013 exams.

4. Contemporary articles

Students need to look for articles relating to current events and these must be published no earlier than one year before the writing of the commentary.

Time period of articles

It is helpful to encourage students to collect articles for their commentaries throughout the course. However, commentaries must be written within a year of the published date of the article.

Would it be alright if i wrote the commentary around the second week of this month and then wrote December 2011 as the date the commentary was written?

Would it be alright if i wrote the commentary around the second week of this month and then wrote December 2011 as the date the commentary was written?

I would consider this an academic dishonesty if you knew the date of the article is not within the time you are to write it. If the examiners find out about it, they will undoubtedly dock mark(s) to say the least. I suggest that you take some time to find another article; it may be difficult, but you'll be doing the best you possibly can without any thoughts of possible punishment on your mind.

When I handed in my IAs for economics this year, I had to attach a copy of my article for each commentary. I am not sure about the new system, but they probably have to see your article before they examine your IA.

• Like 1