Can someone who has SL B&M do primary research?

Oh well. Hi! I listen B&M on SL and I was wondering if I can do some kind of primary research (a research project) for my IA?? I would really like that! :D I wanted to take HL B&M but you can't really have 5 HL subjects, can you?? My teacher said it shouldn't be a problem but that he isn't really sure :D. Help???

Yeah go ahead, there's nothing stopping you from doing primary research. From what I gather, you can get the highest grades even with secondary research only.

The important thing is that your supporting documents represent a variety of opinions/points of view. So ideally you should find all of them from different sources.

Enjoy your studies, did my Business IA a month ago :)

Edited by Jyrgen
  • Like 1

Surprisingly, my intentions aren't the highest grades at this point. I know I can get the highest ones with secondary research only. I did one for an exercise and I got a 7. But it's just... I don't want to doo secondary research. Business is really interesting and appealing to me and I would really like to do primary researches :D

Thaanks so much :))

Nice! Are you HL or SL?

• 10 months later...

You can do both primary and secondary. Im mostly focusing on secondary but I would say a online survey or interview would be enough for primary. As long as you can justify why you only did secondary-say it would be hard to interview fellow students as they are not in the position to answer them. I would say 1 primary research would be enough. Most students get full marks and they didnt use primary research. Depends on your topic, as if you did on a big company it would be hard to interview the head and wouldnt be helpful interviewing the person selling the object.eg on those lines