I don't know what to do anymore. Help :(

Guest Loco Mo Mo

Guest Loco Mo Mo

Hi,

Erm, I don't really know why I'm posting this. I guess it's a cry for help.

My physics exams are in a little over a month and I honestly feel like I'm screwed. The Easter holiday started about 4 days ago and I've done absolutely no revision for physics. I try and sit down to make condensed notes from the textbook but after about 5 minutes, I get bored and start to procrastinate.

I've tried just doing exam papers but everytime I do, I find myself having to look at the textbook almost every other question.

The thing is though, I want to do well. So bad. I just cant bring myself to do it. It's just well, I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm completely going to mess up in the exam.

In the summer mocks, I got a 4 by revising half the stuff the night before. Maybe I should just stick to that for these ones as well?

Sorry for the essay :(

Yeah I know the feeling. Right now I'm trying to study physics but Award Winning Boss' signature seems way more fascinating than waves (lol). You're just gonna have to push yourself. Your final exams are close. Find some powerpoints online for physics SL. They're concise and really useful.

This is rather sad. Not everyone has a natural interest in science, but your teachers should have inspired you by showing you how fascinating these subjects can be. They should have shown you how some knowledge of physics helps us understand the world in which we live, and opens our eyes to a greater appreciation of natural things and extraordinary phenomena. They should have described man's struggle to understand the mysteries of the universe, and highlighted the efforts of the remarkable men and women who made the discoveries now described so clearly in the textbooks.

But failing that, the only way to pass the exams is to consider studying for them a necessary chore. Something distasteful, but that has to be accomplished to achieve your goal. There are always some tasks like this in life! Since you are intelligent and want to do well in the subject, you can certainly succeed if you can look at it in that light and work at it appropriately. If last minute cramming works for you, by all means go for it! But there's no escaping the fact that it takes time to master the material, and you have to practise repeatedly before then to get up to speed.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Guest Loco Mo Mo

This is rather sad. Not everyone has a natural interest in science, but your teachers should have inspired you by showing you how fascinating these subjects can be. They should have shown you how some knowledge of physics helps us understand the world in which we live, and opens our eyes to a greater appreciation of natural things and extraordinary phenomena. They should have described man's struggle to understand the mysteries of the universe, and highlighted the efforts of the remarkable men and women who made the discoveries now described so clearly in the textbooks.

But failing that, the only way to pass the exams is to consider studying for them a necessary chore. Something distasteful, but that has to be accomplished to achieve your goal. There are always some tasks like this in life! Since you are intelligent and want to do well in the subject, you can certainly succeed if you can look at it in that light and work at it appropriately. If last minute cramming works for you, by all means go for it! But there's no escaping the fact that it takes time to master the material, and you have to practise repeatedly before then to get up to speed.

Good luck!

I guess they did to some extent; I loved learning about some of the amazing topics like quantum and nuclear physics. I just can't seem to bring myself to go over it though; I feel so demotivated because, well I don't know why actually.

I've signed up to try out the physics course on Lanterna and I'm just really hoping that this can help me.

Do you realistically think if I start with revision now from scratch, I could get a 6 or 7?

Thanks for the advice btw :)

I am feeling wt you feel at the moment come one MAN .. you can do It's just 8 chapters + two nasty options you !!

try to study through this useful online resource <http://www.lanternaeducation.com/ib-online/trial-sign-up>

and to get a 6/7 your IA should be perfect btw !! Organize your time and sleep early, walk up early and you will succeed and get the grade you deserve ;)

I guess they did to some extent; I loved learning about some of the amazing topics like quantum and nuclear physics. I just can't seem to bring myself to go over it though; I feel so demotivated because, well I don't know why actually.

I've signed up to try out the physics course on Lanterna and I'm just really hoping that this can help me.

Do you realistically think if I start with revision now from scratch, I could get a 6 or 7?

Perhaps you find "modern" physics more interesting than the classical topics? That's excellent of course, but as you know Papers 1 and 2 will include questions about these more mundane matters. One way of livening interest in them would be to think about how practically useful they are in every day life. From refrigeration to air transport, from the microwave oven to satellite communications, we are surrounded by engineering marvels that could not have been developed without physics. It really is a fundamental science, and mastering it opens doors to a wide range of activities that you might enjoy in your future career.

If you've already covered the material, and are now just revising, then of course you should be able to get a 6 or 7 in the exam!

• Like 1

Guest Loco Mo Mo

I am feeling wt you feel at the moment come one MAN .. you can do It's just 8 chapters + two nasty options you !!

try to study through this useful online resource <http://www.lanternaeducation.com/ib-online/trial-sign-up>

and to get a 6/7 your IA should be perfect btw !! Organize your time and sleep early, walk up early and you will succeed and get the grade you deserve ;)

Thanks. Yeah, I've signed up for the Lanterna trial and I'm going to try and do this.

Perhaps you find "modern" physics more interesting than the classical topics? That's excellent of course, but as you know Papers 1 and 2 will include questions about these more mundane matters. One way of livening interest in them would be to think about how practically useful they are in every day life. From refrigeration to air transport, from the microwave oven to satellite communications, we are surrounded by engineering marvels that could not have been developed without physics. It really is a fundamental science, and mastering it opens doors to a wide range of activities that you might enjoy in your future career.

If you've already covered the material, and are now just revising, then of course you should be able to get a 6 or 7 in the exam!

Thanks again. I'm really going to try and get my head down to do this and do it well. Just know, if I do get a 7, I will forever be in your debt :)

• 6 months later...