Sign in to follow this  

Extended Essay - Feminism

I wanted to do my history extended essay on something related to feminism. I was thinking of comparing feminist movements between two different countries such as the U.S. and Iran or something like that. Any suggestions?

In my opinion you should start your research by looking at different feminist movements from all around the world and then narrow it down to for example a comparison between two of them :) The general research on feminist movements will probably be a huge advantage for your EE since when you've narrowed it down to a specific RQ you will be able to use all that information you have gathered to support your points :)

In the 1900 there were many feminist movements in the USA, pick the most significant one.

It would probably be a good idea to pick two movements from the same time period and/or with the same purpose (ie. female suffrage).

Just remember that anything you do must be historical and not current - i.e. from a time before the last 10 years - so if you were to pick feminist movements in Iran you wouldn't be able to select any of the present day campaigns for women's rights.

u could compare uk and us feminist movements. for example how they achieved the right to vote. i think they both took place in similar time periods which would be convenient and both are definitely seen as the history by the ib

i remember doing something in his history about the uk suffragettes and there was a lot of stuff