Question about Republicans and Democrats

Flamewave

As I said before, the vast majority of republicans are rich. They therefore think they deserve to keep their money rather than give it away so that it can go to poorer people. However, it seems that many of them are complete idiots, and they assume that all poor people are poor because they don't work hard enough. Democrats on the other hand believe that the only way to improve peoples' lives in general is through social policy.

I am wealthy, but I am more than happy to pay a small price so that people who are born into poverty can get an equal opportunity. You can't take everything for granted. Most of us were born into wealthy families, and therefore we have no right to claim that the money we earn due to our parents paying for our education, etc, is rightly ours.

I am very Conservative. Although this aligns me with the Republican Party, I disagree with their decisions frequently (especially these days). I do not believe that it should be the government's responsibility to take care of those who manipulate the system. I think its our duty as human beings to help each other out. I think that people who are able to should donate to charities and religious organizations which in turn can help the poor.

With that said, my beliefs are my own and I do not expect to change anyone's mind. I do hope that those who harshly criticize the Republican Party will realize that no one group of people can be characterized with such strict general stereotypes especially when their true exposure to the subject matter is limited to what they see in the media.

I just want to clear up a misconception that has occurred regarding Republicans and their attitude towards the poor. In general, we feel that by giving money to the poor, just because they are poor, will cause them to become dependent on welfare, thus robbing them of their potential to succeed as individuals. If a person is provided for, while not being required to do something to earn what they get, they slowly lose their motivation to work. I personally favor programs that provide for people while they learn a specialized trade, or while they find a job, so that they are taken care of, but they also keep their motivation to work, because they are earning what they get. Also, for those of you who aren't familiar with welfare programs in the US, we basically provide for everyone who will go to the welfare office. I once met a man who was born and raised in Vietnam, and he told me that, "In Vietnam, if you are poor, it is not your fault. But in America, if you are poor, you are lazy."

What I mean by this is that Republicans know that in other countries, people are poor no matter how hard they work. But in America, if you are too stupid and lazy to get off your ass and get a job, it shouldn't be our responsibility to finance you as you sit around and drag down all of society. That's just my two cents, and if you want to call me a cold, heartless, rebublican bastard, just know, I consider that a compliment :P

I just want to add something. Abortion is not a religious issue. At no point in time should it ever be a religious issue.

I guess you're right, I just wasn't sure what to classify it as. I only used it as an example 'cause i hoped it would get a few opinionated responses.

I think that Democrats are more 'Robin Hood' than the Republicans, and propose more social programs to aid the poor/underprivileged/needy, while Republicans are more for cutting government spending and reducing these programs (and taxes). For example (although I'm not 100% sure on this), in the recent foreclosure issue, Republicans are more of "it's your own fault that you can't spend responsibly, so we're not giving you money to remedy your idiocy for buying a house you can't afford", while Dems lean more towards aid for the foreclosed or helping homeowners to reduce foreclosures, etc, even though it's a tight budget year.

P.S. I'm really a moderate who leans Republican on fiscal issues, so hopefully my take on the foreclosure doesn't seem too partisan. :P

That is so true. I completely Agree. Now i believe that the republicans are correct to cut the welfare programs. I am going to use the not so recent tragedy of Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf of Mexico. The city of New Orleans, surprisingly enough, 3 very long years after the storm hit, not very many of the houses are rebuilt. The reason is NOT because of the government. (Oh my goodness! What?) yeah, i know. blows your mind. after all of the uproar the predominantly African-American community created about not having the help they needed. (not that i am racist, but it is true). These people have lived on welfare programs for their entire lives and have had no experience in work or ever had to work because they have had handouts from the government. These handouts that are supported by the democrats are hurting the African-American community so much more than the republican view of the matter is. there is no reason for a healthy 25 year old man or woman to be on welfare. they should have to work just like every other person. they cannot leech off of the other people like parasitic... leeches. republicans believe that the people have to make their own way. and i support that view.

• 5 months later...

At times the democrats are not realistic, but they have good intent. However, i despise the republicans. They cannot help a nation that is full of middle class citizens when they only care about the small % of upperclass citizens.

I honestly want to see Obama in office and i want him to prove that the democrats are not just dreaming about change, but that they are going to provide it.

With the Democrates, change is going to be hard to get because of the mess Bush has made but any kind of change that helps the country even a little is better then nothing. I hate it when the republicans say that Obama can not bring about change because he has no experiance the people that have had experiance did not do anything great for the country-except for Clinton-so that is not even an arguement