What do you think will be on the 2012 Biology exam?

Zzjazd

Hello people, Biology exams are comming up soon so I came up with an idea for us to share what WE think will come up this year on the paper, as You know the IB examiners do not spend much time creating questions and mainly end on previous ones. Haha.

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL BE ON THE TEST THIS YEAR ?? ;)

PS. I know this may be lame but it helps to reduce. Believe me!!!

Edited by Jirashimosu
Argh don't you see me editing your posts?!

I have detected a pattern here. Everytime I would not study a difficult topic or thing thoroughly enough and I would hope that it would not come up,

that would always be the things that comes up and is worth like 80% of the test. -.-

that's why for my IB exams, I am taking 0 risks and the hardest ones I feel will come up are Plants chapter on respiration and photosynthesis and some DNA replication.

Others are worried that a lot of human physiology will come up, but i love it :D

DNA Replication is by far the easiest long-answer question there is, so much stuff to talk about. My worst is probably translation/ photosynthesis, so i will go over those again :D sometimes i get the feeling something will come up and few minutes later i discard it saying naa that would probably not be on it this year :P i wonder if they ever asked draw a food web with 10 organisms in section b? I learned it just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

do they actually pay attention to what was asked in previous years when they make exams. a teacher of mine said that it is pretty much random and there is no coordination. i don't believe this though. i mean if genetics was a section a part on november 2011, i would hope its not on may 2012 as a section a question (fingers crossed)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, yea, TZ1 had a question involving a 5 mark gas exchange in plants and 8 marks outlining the limiting factors of photosynthesis. Overall, I felt that the Paper 1 and 2 were straightforward. The Paper 3 for my options, E and H, were also simpler than last years (imho).

Edited by Oenos

Hmm, yea, TZ1 had a question involving a 5 mark gas exchange in plants and 8 marks outlining the limiting factors of photosynthesis. Overall, I felt that the Paper 1 and 2 were straightforward. The Paper 3 for my options, E and H, were also simpler than last years (imho).

Ah, I did #5 and 8 because I blanked out on what gas exchange meant but all three papers were pre good, imo. I did D and E, messed up a label on the diagram but the rest went okay. Scared because the grade boundaries will rise but once again, this was the exam I was most scared about blanking out on. By the way, for paper 1 , that axon question of a motor neuron, do you remember the right answer? I put D but not sure.