Okay can someone please help me!

I am doing my first economics portfolio/coursework on 'Growth and Development' in Nigeria

I need to draw a lorenz curve on my laptop to present in my portfolio, I have got the data to plot it but I am useless with Excel.. unless there is an alternative, if someone could give me a step by step guide that would be amazing!

Thanks xx

Why use excel? You can draw the Lorenz curve in Paint or Microsoft Powerpoint. Even if your article has numbers you want to use on your graph you can always add them there.

How would I create it on paint?!

Use the straight line to create the two axis and then the curve function which you then adjust it to look like the Lorenz curve. If you don't need to add numbers to your graph, I can do it for you and upload it here. It will take like 30".

Why use excel? You can draw the Lorenz curve in Paint or Microsoft Powerpoint. Even if your article has numbers you want to use on your graph you can always add them there.

How would I create it on paint?!

Use the straight line to create the two axis and then the curve function which you then adjust it to look like the Lorenz curve. If you don't need to add numbers to your graph, I can do it for you and upload it here. It will take like 30".

All of the guides I find on the internet has so many figures etc on their tables in excel before putting into the graph on word.

No i need numbers in it :/

this is the info I have..

Nigeria - GDP per capita $1,633

Lowest 20% - 5.1%

Second 20% - 9.7%

third 20% - 14.7%

Fourth 20% - 21.9%

Highest 20% - 46.8%

How do I set this out in a table in Excel to form the Curve in my XY Scatter graph on word???

I nearly did it but I don't know how to make it so it doesnt add up to 100% of pop. only gains 46.8% of income...

I would be extremely grateful if you could help! xx

I know I have to do some sort of cumulative percentage but I don't know what to doooo :dontgetit: