Suggestions for IA topic?

Jaysong

Are you looking for a good practical work, or just some easy sh*t so that you just can get it over with? :D

If not, just do sth about the relationship between the velocity and wave length of standing waves on a string, or just the relationship between the lenght of the tube and the sound resonance that occurs inside.

Uh, isn't the relationship between velocity and wave length that they are proportional? The formula is given, so there is not much to do a research about here, is there?

And about the other suggestion, isn't it apparent that as the length of tube shortens, the sound resonance increases in frequency? :S

The fact is that not every lab should be about, I don't know, 'discovering hot water'. Usually you know what is going to happen even before you do it, but you still do it. The point is to prove that and well, find any limitations or such. Btw. I've ran out of ideas, sorry. :/

This is a bit off topic, but to which IB school do you go here in Finland?

I'm in Helsingin Suomalainen Yhteiskoulu.

The fact is that not every lab should be about, I don't know, 'discovering hot water'. Usually you know what is going to happen even before you do it, but you still do it. The point is to prove that and well, find any limitations or such. Btw. I've ran out of ideas, sorry. :/

Yeah, I know, but our teacher doesn't accept too simple labs... :(

So year, still stuck --> new ideas for a physics design concerning Oscillations and Waves are welcome.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: We are not here to give you topics. Your ideas are being assessed, not ours.

If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff

• Like 2