EE in physics

Jasmeena

Hi! Just wondering. Has any of you guys done an EE in Physics? What grade did you get?

I'm planning to do mine, and I'm having second thoughts about choosing a topic. I have one, which will probably be easy to make and easy to write, and the other which will take me, let's put it this way: if I start now, I'll be done right on time to submit my EE...

The fact is that I really would enjoy doing the hard one because I just get SOOOO EXCITED the minute I mention that topic...

Does it make any sense to do the hard one?? Is it possible to get an A? My teach told me that could be a topic for my PHD not EE - that it's not worth it. But, I waant to doo it. :)

Help? Just some thoughts about Physics EE.

Guest Positron

Well, I can't really say that I'd know much about EEs, but considering that your teacher thinks that way and that you have a 7 in physics HL, I think getting an A should be easily within your reach. BTW, what is your topic?

Edited by Positron

I'm doing mine in physics although all the seniors and former IB students tell me that EEs in sciences generally score less than say eco or history. Apparently there are more possibilities to get something wrong and doing the experiment itself takes hours and hours.

The biggest problem I think one can have when doing an EE in sciences is the possibility that halfway through you realize that the topic isn't adequate in some way. Then the pressure is really on because redoing experiments is time consuming and a factor the other subjects don't have to worry about.

In the end, I think physics is fine if you don't take a difficult question. I chose something a bit different but still enough to write 4000 words on ( I hope ).

Does it make any sense to do the hard one?? Is it possible to get an A? My teach told me that could be a topic for my PHD not EE - that it's not worth it.

What topic would that be? And if your teacher really thinks so then I'd seriously consider taking another question :P

Well, I can't really say that I'd know much about EEs, but considering that your teacher thinks that way and that you have a 7 in physics HL, I think getting an A should be easily within your reach. BTW, what is your topic?

Yep, I do have a 7. Umm sth about earthquakes :D - that's the hard one, and the 'easy' one has sth to do with sound waves :D

I'm doing mine in physics although all the seniors and former IB students tell me that EEs in sciences generally score less than say eco or history. Apparently there are more possibilities to get something wrong and doing the experiment itself takes hours and hours.

The biggest problem I think one can have when doing an EE in sciences is the possibility that halfway through you realize that the topic isn't adequate in some way. Then the pressure is really on because redoing experiments is time consuming and a factor the other subjects don't have to worry about.

In the end, I think physics is fine if you don't take a difficult question. I chose something a bit different but still enough to write 4000 words on ( I hope ).

Does it make any sense to do the hard one?? Is it possible to get an A? My teach told me that could be a topic for my PHD not EE - that it's not worth it.

What topic would that be? And if your teacher really thinks so then I'd seriously consider taking another question :P

I know that EE's in science score less than any other subject. That's why all my classmates are doing Croatian and English. But I want to be an architectt! I love physics. EE should be about a subject you love, not an easy way out. Or?

Good luck with your EE! ;)

Umm my teach says it is a bit too much for the EE, that I should keep it for another, well, opportunity to do such work. But he thinks my ideas are good. So I'm torn :D I have noo idea what to do :D

Maybe use the same concept/idea and do a scaled down version of it? The problem with it being a hard topic is that it's difficult to do justice to the topic and cover everything in just 4000 words. So your EE will actually seem like you only barely scratched the surface of your topic, and not really an in-depth analysis. But of course, I'm generalising here, since I don't know what exactly your RQ is.