Is it possible to get a scholarship based on your EE?

Jasmeena

My teach told me that one of his former students got a scolarship for physics, or astrophysics at some university in USA. He did an EE in physics and his topic was: "Can we hear Saturn from the Earth?" - sth like that :D, and he got an A ofc.

Is it possible to get a scholarship if your EE is soo good?

I mean. Do you know any other cases, any other students who did such thing and have gotten a scholarship? :D

Yep. One girl in my school got a Scholarship for med school at the University of Vienna thanks to her Extended Essay on Biology. She got an A because she found an unknown mutant of a tropical Mosquitoe in my country, her EE was even developed further at proffesional level. I mean, you can get a scholarship thanks to your EE in certain universities but if you want to know the truth, it is almost impossible, it has to be incredible, I mean, you've got to discover something no one else has discovered yet. And let me tell you, almost everything has already been done. Concluding that we can hear Saturn from Earth or finding the unknown third mutant of a determined species is something out of this world. So yeah, good luck :D

WOOW! That sounds... impossible for me XD. How did she manage to find that? XD

But, well. If you never try youI'll never know (I LOVE THAT SONG :D). I'm a type of a person who'll grab to anything that she has been offered, so if there's slightest possibility of getting that scholarship - I'll do my best to try and get it :D. Thanks, XD

That sounds impossible for everyone. When U. of Vienna found out they were like "oh Darwin, come with us please." Just one last piece of advise, don't get too enthusiastic about getting an scholarship because of your EE, it is highly impossible. There's almost NO CHANCE. I'd recommend doing a nice normal EE covering all of the evaluating aspects and getting a good result at the end. Trust me, most of the cases trying to do a crazy EE like the ones we've mentioned before have gone bad and scored poorly. You're welcome. :)

• Like 1