Theatre club officer - is this service?

holly

I heard that it was, but I'm just wondering.

I've been an officer for the International Thespian Society (it's an internationally recognised honours theatre society) and so I've been planning, hosting, and promoting many different events and we have meetings 2-3 times a week. Would this count as service? I obviously don't make money from it.

I personally count it as creativity seeing as you are putting on plays and such.

If you need the hours for service you could probably count it because you are volunteering your time (and not getting compensated through money, grades, bribess, etc) and doing something meaningfull for the comunity.

• 5 weeks later...

When asking if it is service ask yourself what community are you serving and how. If you have a valid answer for each, then it should be fine. I'd consider consulting your C.A.S. advisor though before logging hours. If you don't have one, then ask a teacher. I know that at my school it would only count for service, but I personally think yu could probably count it as service since you're serving the theater community at your school.