We apparently aren't allowed to take highlighters into the exam

timtamboy63

Read item 4 under General in Conduct of the Examinations.

general stationery (for example, pens, pencils, eraser, ruler) but correcting

fluid/tape, highlighter and gel pens are not permitted

I'm seriously surprised, as highlighters are usually pretty essential, especially in exams!

Opinions? And is your school following this? My IBC only found out last week, and so he's been forced to implement this.

I have never been allowed to take a highlighter into any exam I took. What do you need them for during an exam? I always have a pencil and an eraser, but I don't see too much use in a highlighter. Of course, underlining something in a text is useful, but you can always do it in pen.

I've never been allowed to take them into exams so I don't really see any suprise there. I don't see how they'd be helpful at all anyway.

It's usually because they scan stuff so.the colour will end up being useless anyway

Highlighters aren't used to point things out/to gift pretty colours to the examiners but rather to make sure that you, as an exam candidate, do not forget to answer any key parts of the questions.

• 2 weeks later...