Which school year's grades/transcripts are sent?

Cats

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. (I tried searching the forums and internet for answers, but none has given me the answer I needed)

The question is:

For universities in the UK and USA, which school year's grades are sent for admissions? (ex: grade 11 grades, first semester grade 12, etc)

I have heard that Canadian universities mostly base their decisions on first semester grades from grade 12.

I have also heard that American universities tend to look at your grade 11 grades. Is that true?

For the UK you school will submit your predicted grades. For most schools this means the average for grade 11 but I'm quite sure they do not get access to your grades in each semester.

For the US my classmates submitted their grades for 9th, 10th, 11th grade and once they got to the mid-year of 12th grade, the school sent these grades as well.

Hope that helps. :)

Yep in the UK they receive only the grades your teachers put as your predicted grades. How the teachers make their predictions can vary between teachers. Often it'll be based on your end of year exams from IB1 (if they did mock exams) or mock exams at the beginning of IB2. Or if your school doesn't do mocks, then perhaps on your classwork. Be really nice to your teachers - and if your grades have been rubbish up until now, try and improve them/show your teachers that you've got a plan to get them better and perhaps they can be persuaded to predict you up. My friend persuaded her HL maths teacher to set her a special mini-exam so she could prove that she's pushing the grade up when she realised that her mocks weren't good enough to meet the conditions of universities.

Posted · Hidden by The Economist, April 11, 2012 - thank you post
Hidden by The Economist, April 11, 2012 - thank you post

For the UK you school will submit your predicted grades. For most schools this means the average for grade 11 but I'm quite sure they do not get access to your grades in each semester.

For the US my classmates submitted their grades for 9th, 10th, 11th grade and once they got to the mid-year of 12th grade, the school sent these grades as well.

Hope that helps. :)

Yep in the UK they receive only the grades your teachers put as your predicted grades. How the teachers make their predictions can vary between teachers. Often it'll be based on your end of year exams from IB1 (if they did mock exams) or mock exams at the beginning of IB2. Or if your school doesn't do mocks, then perhaps on your classwork. Be really nice to your teachers - and if your grades have been rubbish up until now, try and improve them/show your teachers that you've got a plan to get them better and perhaps they can be persuaded to predict you up. My friend persuaded her HL maths teacher to set her a special mini-exam so she could prove that she's pushing the grade up when she realised that her mocks weren't good enough to meet the conditions of universities.

Thanks so much for the responses! That cleared my questions :)