Data Based Questions- Full Sentences?

Eastcoast93

Hi,

I would advise you to use full sentences and linking words. I'm relatively sure that it would make the examiner think 'better' of you and possibly help you sway the examiner in your favour, in terms of awarding you an extra mark or two. Despite how stupid it sounds, I'm sure it affects the marks to a small degree.

However, if you find it too difficult to answer questions without bullet points, to the point that you can't actually and accurately answer them, then feel free to go for less fancy sentences (or no sentences). It's better to drop two or so marks for using bullet points than dropping five for inaccurate and incomprehensible pompous sentences.

Hope this helped,

brofessional

Only the very longest questions also have additional marks awarded for being able to correctly write and express yourself. In data-based questions you shouldn't be penalised for using bullet points. However if you lack clarity at any point, things do not logically follow etc. then you will be penalised for bullet points via the proxy of not being as clear as you might have been writing correctly. It is probably better to try and write concisely than to go for bullet points. Or just make your hand-writing smaller! They amount of space they give you is slightly tight but not inadequate for a concise answer, and you can spill over into the space just below if required.