Need urgent help for my internal word count! (SL)

For my business internal, I have 1525 words and I'm over the limit by 25 words.

Should I

1. Attempt to lower it under 1500

2. Write that I have under 1500 and just hope they don't notice

or 3. Write my true word count and lose an entire criterion?

Edited by Where Love Died Laughing

Get it down below 1,500. You can knock off 25 words, I'm sure. Just try rephrasing things and re-ordering sentences to take out even just a single word at a time and you'll have 25 out in no time. I can usually get rid of easily 100-150 words on a first sweep through my own essays of around this length by this method. I do ramble a lot but if I can eliminate 100 I'm sure you can do 25!

I would go with option number 1. I know it's tiring but you can do it. My EE initially was 2000 words above the word count and it took A LOT of time to reduce it but it was worth it in the end. :)

I don't like option 2 because lies never end up well. Even if you don't get caught you will have it in your mind and you might start stressing over it. Lastly, option 3 is kind of silly. Don't give up marks so easily. You will probably be moderated anyway so in the end you might be brought down a whole mark (from 7 to 6, 6 to 5, etc.).

Thank you. (: Yeah, I'm doing my best to bring the word count down without butchering the meaning. Problem is, this is perhaps the 5th sweep I'm doing since I was initially 300 words over the limit, so these last 25 are a real stretch.

Try giving it to a friend to help you cut down the words. Others usually see stuff you miss - especially when you've been going through the text over and over again. I'm talking from experience :P

Thank you. (: Yeah, I'm doing my best to bring the word count down without butchering the meaning. Problem is, this is perhaps the 5th sweep I'm doing since I was initially 300 words over the limit, so these last 25 are a real stretch.

Try giving it to a friend to help you cut down the words. Others usually see stuff you miss - especially when you've been going through the text over and over again. I'm talking from experience :P

I would, but all my friends are in bed by 2AM :/ I think I'll manage. I've somehow knocked off 18 words already, so just another 7 to go. (: