Most Boring Subject

Knox

For me this thread is basically the same as asking who is the most boring teacher. Business and Management is the kind of subject that I for the life of me could never have fun in. Our teacher is supremely strange! First year of IB he was so intensely boring that if he opened up his mouth and said something, you heard a loud banging sound as all the students heads hit the desks at the same time because they all fell asleep.

He always spoke super slow and in this deep voice! But after the two month summer holiday, he was all.. Weird and happy. Spent all lessons talking about how he had decided to start living life. He had learned palm reading, and he had really started living, he said. So he spent the classes talking about his palm reading, and how important it is for us to live while we are young, and he was just super hyperactive and spoke really fast - and constantly. He is a good teacher, I do not mean to talk bad about him at all, but the change was so extreme.

A bit into this school year we had our PACT, and the students literally begged him to stay on subject, and now he has found this strange middle-thing of the Snorlax guy and the hyperactive guy. Hah. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here. I study IB in Soria (Spain), with all my subjects in Spanish apart from English B SL. For me, the most boring ones are TOK and English B SL.

Apart from that, I take more subjects for my State exams (aka "Selectividad") here in Spain. And that's boring. In order:

History of Philosophy :headchop:

Spanish History (it depends on the topic... now with Greeks and Romans it's getting interesting, though)

Technical Drawing II (It's just too easy for what I did at Technical Drawing I)

But maybe the most boring lesson I've had was when we were learning termodynamics at Physics HL :sick:

A lot of my subjects were boring but the MOST tedious was without a doubt HL English Lit. You couldn't surreptitiously chat to anyone or do anything but sit. As the seconds ticked past so so slowly. The same with Spanish B, it was awful, the sort of extended silence/droning of a teacher where you just want to get up and shout something because it's driving you gradually crazy.

HL Chemistry and TOK were boring subjects but the lessons could have been worse - at least there was SOME opportunity for messing around.

Why are people still talking about English A2? It does not exist anymore... sort of. You can't choose it anymore.... You'll have to read English A (1) which is the same as your original language option....

On topic: I would say physics

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say English, it's probably because of the chapter we're taking, it's not exactly the most interesting chapter. I preferred the 1984 discussions in class instead of Language in Culture. I have no problem with the other classes since I enjoy the subjects and all my teachers are pretty cool