Clothing dilemma - christening

Crazy Gemini

Hey all,

I have a slight problem, I've been invited to my boyfriend's (i have no idea how I'm able to have a boyfriend doing the IB) cousins christening. I was baptised 4 years ago, but that's not the same thing as being invited to one, and I have absolutely no idea what is appropriate to wear.

I've been told to wear something that is appropriate for church, but in my church-going days I usually wore jeans and a tshirt. I want to dress to impress but also be formal.

I also have no time or money to go shopping, the christening is 26/27th may, one week after my final exams. Help?!?!?!?!

Dress nice and smart. No jeans and t-shirts. :) A simple dress will be appropriate, or a costume, if you have any. You don't have to wear anything fancy, really. Just keep your arms covered, don't let the dress/skirt be too short and don't wear too much of a cleavage and you'll be fine. :)

• Like 1

Dress nice and smart. No jeans and t-shirts. :) A simple dress will be appropriate, or a costume, if you have any. You don't have to wear anything fancy, really. Just keep your arms covered, don't let the dress/skirt be too short and don't wear too much of a cleavage and you'll be fine. :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I keep my arms covered.

What about colours? I've never been very keen on bright colours so I only really have blacks and dark blues in my wardrobe, I have one dress that's white, but it's a little inappropriate for a christening :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I keep my arms covered.

What about colours? I've never been very keen on bright colours so I only really have blacks and dark blues in my wardrobe, I have one dress that's white, but it's a little inappropriate for a christening :)

Really bright clothing would make you stand out like a sore thumb :P So you've got it right on that front.

blacks and dark blues seem ok

Really bright clothing would make you stand out like a sore thumb :P So you've got it right on that front.

blacks and dark blues seem ok

But a christening is meant to be a happy occasion, are dark colours really appropriate for trying to celebrate birth, purity and other such things...

I know blue is the colour of the virgin Mary, and red the colour of the holy ghost, maybe I can do something with that... Lol

But a christening is meant to be a happy occasion, are dark colours really appropriate for trying to celebrate birth, purity and other such things...

I know blue is the colour of the virgin Mary, and red the colour of the holy ghost, maybe I can do something with that... Lol

You're thinking into it too much... they're just clothes. As long as you aren't in full black and you have at least some colour then no one is going to think 'does this girl think we're in a funeral or something?!'

• Like 1

You're thinking into it too much... they're just clothes. As long as you aren't in full black and you have at least some colour then no one is going to think 'does this girl think we're in a funeral or something?!'

Fair point, I guess you're right.

But the only reason I'm thinking this much into it is because I have lost my social abilities during the IB... But thanks :)

Wow the stress seems to be really getting to you. I would say maybe a white top (button down if you want to be more formal), and any bottom except jeans. I'm going to one myself in two days (:

Well, I've shied away from people for so long now, I freak out when I need to take the dog for a walk XD

Thanks though, appreciated :)

Oh brilliant, two colours I've made a point of never wearing, I have baby mint green asymmetrical dress that I can easily wear with a light blue cardigan and white heels, would that also work?

Everything in these colours will be just fine. :) As long as it's not a dress that barely covers your buttocks. :P