Am I the only one who loves Math SL IA-s?

Jasmeena

I know I'm still IB1 and you may say that I have no saying in that, that I'll see next year - but I just ADORE WRITING PORTFOLIOS for my math class. It just relaxes me and I really enjoy thinking 'outside the box' and ofc. finally using some of my knowledge gained in class. Am I the only one? :o

Edited by Jasmeena
  • Like 1

I'm in senior year and I must say that I love them too, no one understands how fun they are :(

EXACTLYY! I get excited like a little kid when I get a portfolio to do. :D (this sounds weird, but it really is true :D)

I've figured it out! You both of you are like those IB people who promote the IB by saying their course is 'fun' and 'exhilarating' and all that jargon.

You won't fool me with your IB propaganda :proud: I've already been fooled

• Like 1

I'm in senior year and I must say that I love them too, no one understands how fun they are :(

EXACTLYY! I get excited like a little kid when I get a portfolio to do. :D (this sounds weird, but it really is true :D)

I've figured it out! You both of you are like those IB people who promote the IB by saying their course is 'fun' and 'exhilarating' and all that jargon.

You won't fool me with your IB propaganda :proud: I've already been fooled

Hahahahahaha XD I generally dislike math so I can't relate to your enthusiasm. At least you've found a way to get things done happily XD

• 3 weeks later...

HL Portfolios are even more fun. It's a shame the Math IA in 2014 will become more open-ended and applications-based.

I agree. I'm really glad I'm the last generation that'll still have portofolios in math, and lab reports in physics, and stuff :D

Yea, they're probably my favorite IA's.

It's cool to figure out new things, and use you knowledge in math to figure out new things about math.

It's probably the only IA where I feel I'm doing something significant.

It's cool to figure out new things, and use you knowledge in math to figure out new things about math.

Agreed!

This thread confuses me...

Haha, why? :o

Agreed!

This thread confuses me...

Haha, why? :o

First time I've heard of someone enjoying Math internals... I hated mine. And I switched from SL to Studies in the last minute, so I ended up doing both SL and Studies internals...

I do enjoy math in general, though! But that's Math Studies... it hardly counts. XD

First time I've heard of someone enjoying Math internals... I hated mine. And I switched from SL to Studies in the last minute, so I ended up doing both SL and Studies internals...

I do enjoy math in general, though! But that's Math Studies... it hardly counts. XD

Haha, to be honest. I hated my first IA (the one we did as a trial). But that is only because I had no idea what to do. So when I got the whole point of the IA's I started to enjoy them, A LOOOT!

As omri said:

You're a nerd :P

I didn't like doing my IA's. My teachers didn't really prepare us for them and when we were given them I was like "wut." I had to do the population trends in China one and my teacher didn't even teach us the best types of graphs to use! I ended up getting like 13/20 and 14/20 on mine hahaha....still got a 6 though B) I should have called you when I was doing them, you could have gotten me those super high IA grades! :P