Am I the only one who loves Math SL IA-s?

Jasmeena

You're a nerd :P

I didn't like doing my IA's. My teachers didn't really prepare us for them and when we were given them I was like "wut." I had to do the population trends in China one and my teacher didn't even teach us the best types of graphs to use! I ended up getting like 13/20 and 14/20 on mine hahaha....still got a 6 though B) I should have called you when I was doing them, you could have gotten me those super high IA grades! :P

They were confusing at first to me. I've gotten 16/20 from the first IA I did. But it was only an... exercise or sth :D. But now, I thiink I'm getting a handle on them. I enjoy doing IA's more then I do doing regular tasks and exams, sooo :D.

Do I sense a bit of sarcasm here? XD. The fact that I enjoy doing them doesn't necessary mean high grades in them. I hope it does, but it doesn't have to :D

No I did not use sarcasm. I meant it. XD

Haha yeah that was sarcastic. But congrats on those high grades! That should make it easier for you to get a 6 or 7. :)

IB sarcasm, so not cool. So not cool :D

Haha, wait until I get the real grades then you can congratulate me. I'm doing an IA now :))). I hopee, I hope :)

Honestly I really like them too!

They're my favorite IAs and I just enjoy spending time on them and figure stuff out! It's mainly because I genuinely love the patterns and relationships between numbers! To be honest pure math really fascinates me! But that doesn't necessarily mean I enjoy doing math or I CAN do math that well! It's like an overweight guy who's into professional soccer! He's never gonna be able to do any of the things pro players do, but he enjoys watching it (hope that makes sense).

The good thing is that you like it AND you're good at it (the IA). I mean I did everything right and it made sense but I lost point here and there for technology and just stupid stuff since our teacher didn't help us at all (she said IB doesn't allow it) and I wasn't in this forum yet. So I ended up with 25/40 (combined) which still gave me a solid 5 for my predicted, considering the fact that I got 5s on both papers for mocks.

Honestly I really like them too!

They're my favorite IAs and I just enjoy spending time on them and figure stuff out! It's mainly because I genuinely love the patterns and relationships between numbers! To be honest pure math really fascinates me! But that doesn't necessarily mean I enjoy doing math or I CAN do math that well! It's like an overweight guy who's into professional soccer! He's never gonna be able to do any of the things pro players do, but he enjoys watching it (hope that makes sense).

And to think that I believed no one shares my interest in IAs. You said everything! I think so too! :)

The good thing is that you like it AND you're good at it (the IA). I mean I did everything right and it made sense but I lost point here and there for technology and just stupid stuff since our teacher didn't help us at all (she said IB doesn't allow it) and I wasn't in this forum yet. So I ended up with 25/40 (combined) which still gave me a solid 5 for my predicted, considering the fact that I got 5s on both papers for mocks.

I really like doing them, that is true. For technology? Like you didn't use the technology or didn't use it properly right? I knoow. Our teach sometimes can be really... not helpful. But she is trying to give her best in the past few months, so she is helping. At least to understand how to do IAs at all. That is okay, I believe: 25/40. But, were you aiming higher? If yes, then that isn't really a good thing. :/

Wow, I bet if I were half as enthusiastic as some of you guys are for math I'd be enjoying math in general more! The only thing I like about math IA's is when I'm at the point of exasperation and I'm "just" about to give up when a sudden realization dawns upon mean and I end up solving it.

...That moment is priceless.