Ayatollah Khomeni History EE?

nat

Hey all, I really want to write my EE on something in history. I like the idea of exploring the time period in which Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeni came to power and how he influenced Iran while the Shah tried to implement the White Revolution.

Problem is I don't know how specific our EEs have to be or if thats even a reasonable topic...

Any advice?

Hey all, I really want to write my EE on something in history. I like the idea of exploring the time period in which Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeni came to power and how he influenced Iran while the Shah tried to implement the White Revolution.

Problem is I don't know how specific our EEs have to be or if thats even a reasonable topic...

Any advice?

That is certainly a reasonable topic! Plus it sounds really interesting. Although too broad at this point, you've done the first part of choosing an area of history you like.

You could look at how effective a method Khomeini used to come to power was, one or two of the ways he influenced Iran, anything really. Just choose one of these (as doing more than one would be too broad) and go from there. Once you've narrowed it down even further, you can post your questions on here and we can give you feedback, tell you if it needs to be narrowed more, etc. :)

• Like 2

Emily is spot on. You could perhaps, as one of my friends did, compare his popularity/support (and the reasons for this) as opposed to Shah Pahlavi (whose popularity had crumbled at the time) and assess why/how he was effective in instigating a revolution from abroad. I have always found it fascinating how he began and led a revolution despite his absence within that very country. You will find many books and documentaries on this topic.

• 2 years later...

Im doing a very similar EE - about how significant the Shah's own failings were in the 1979 revolution, and am comparing him to Khomeini. Any good resources that you all used that you could tell me about because I am a bit short on primary resources at the moment.