Knolwedge issue on sense perception - not strong enough?

Cats

Hello,

Below is a knolwedge issue I though of for a TOK journal about sense perception. The topic of the journal is Galileo's "The tickle is not in the feather". I want to relate this quote to perceptions of reality. However, I feel that this knowledge issue too general, and overall just not a strong enough. Any tips as to how I can strengthen it?

To what extent is certainty of reality obtainable through sense perception?

Yeah I would say you're on the right path, but the question is simply too large in scale for the TOK presentation.

What you maybe should try is to try to relate this idea to some contemporary issue, for example.

But it's not concerning the presentation, it's a journal. I think the KI is fine for a journal, but you should focus more on explaining the implications, real life examples and limitations of your KI than actually answering the question with precision. In TOK all you should do is offer your perspective regarding the question; answering it and coming to absolute conclusions is not a good idea.

Knowledge issues can be broad or direct. However it is a good idea to introduce some sort of focus to your question, or explain it later in your journal. Remember TOK is about knowledge and obtaining it, and you cannot really answer your question as it is without generalizing, which isn't what you want to do.

Yeah I would say you're on the right path, but the question is simply too large in scale for the TOK presentation.

What you maybe should try is to try to relate this idea to some contemporary issue, for example.

But it's not concerning the presentation, it's a journal. I think the KI is fine for a journal, but you should focus more on explaining the implications, real life examples and limitations of your KI than actually answering the question with precision. In TOK all you should do is offer your perspective regarding the question; answering it and coming to absolute conclusions is not a good idea.

Knowledge issues can be broad or direct. However it is a good idea to introduce some sort of focus to your question, or explain it later in your journal. Remember TOK is about knowledge and obtaining it, and you cannot really answer your question as it is without generalizing, which isn't what you want to do.

Thank you to your answers! I narrowed my KI to: to what extent is certainty of an objective reality obtainable through sense perception.

I will try to focus most of the journal on the limitations and relating it to some areas of knowledge.

Thanks again!