Change of schools after IB-1

wireman

The school I'm studying in has very few students in my batch and not all teachers are equally good.

I have the opportunity to move to a much better school where there are about 90 students with much better faculty. Although moving might seem the best option, I really am settled here. Everything seems to be going well. My grades are alright.( But again, I don't really trust my grades because of the faculty here ). I seem to be doing fine here. I'm understanding the syllabus and IBSurvival is definitely making my life a lot easier.

However, although I do believe that good teachers and competition would, in most cases, lead to a better overall IB Grade, solving past papers and getting them moderated by someone experienced, and studying hard would also yield the same result. I'm really in 2 minds here.

I just feel I could do much better with better teacher support.

In summa, I'm really finding it to difficult to know where I stand, as there are less than 10 students. What should I do?

If you really feel settled at your current school, you need to think carefully before you move. Academically, the other school might be better for you. But you are already settled in your current school, so I assume you have friends and you are used to the way things are run there. Giving up this safe environment where you already feel at home has its risks. You do not genuinely know which school has a better environment socially or academically for you. It might be that you learn better when the teacher has less students to focus on, even if the teacher is not as good as at the other school. It might be that the other school has kids you won't get along with. Obviously it could go the other way as well. Basically, you cannot really know what the other school is like until you have went there yourself. The best way to find out is go to the other school. Visit the school, see if you like it or not. That is the only way to for you to really know if it is really worth moving.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know anyone from the other school? It would be great for you if you could talk to a student about their experience.

And also how much do you care about your IB score? If you don't care that much then It'll be ok if you stay at your old school.

You must research if that other school has the same subjects that you take.

There is a girl that changed to my school from another school and she adapted pretty well. So I think it could also work for you.