What is your boggart?

Harry's Boggart is a Dementor.

Ron's is a spider.

Mrs. Weasley's is her family, dead.

(for those of you who have not read Harry Potter, you should. And a Boggart is a creature that transforms into your worst fear.)

So my question is-- What is your Boggart? What is the worry that keeps you up at night, that you stress over, cry over... For most of us, it's probably our diplomas. But beyond that? (Not the worst thing that could ever happen to you, like (for me) everybody dead. I would hate that, but I only fear it in a sort of abstract way. It doesn't seem real)

My worst fear is that I'll fade away into the background and become Ms. Nobody who did Nothing and was just a cookie-cutter person with mediocre grades, a mediocre college, and a mediocre job with a mediocre salary and no time to paint or do other art.

And my other worst fear is that I will fall apart for IB and not get my diploma, not even get any certificates, and not get into a nice college.

How about you?

• Like 4

Hahaha! I loved this topic!

When I was a kid I thought that my boggart would be like Harry's. I have never liked horror movies and I was afraid of being afraid.

However I think that today my boggart would be the same as Hermione's: failure. I fear that I don't get the grades I want to in the IB, that I don't get into a good University, that I don't have a happy life

Harry's Boggart is a Dementor.

Ron's is a spider.

Mrs. Weasley's is her family, dead.

(for those of you who have not read Harry Potter, you should. And a Boggart is a creature that transforms into your worst fear.)

So my question is-- What is your Boggart? What is the worry that keeps you up at night, that you stress over, cry over... For most of us, it's probably our diplomas. But beyond that? (Not the worst thing that could ever happen to you, like (for me) everybody dead. I would hate that, but I only fear it in a sort of abstract way. It doesn't seem real)

My worst fear is that I'll fade away into the background and become Ms. Nobody who did Nothing and was just a cookie-cutter person with mediocre grades, a mediocre college, and a mediocre job with a mediocre salary and no time to paint or do other art.

And my other worst fear is that I will fall apart for IB and not get my diploma, not even get any certificates, and not get into a nice college.

How about you?

I think your boggart is very interesting! When I initially started reading this post I didn't even consider how awful it would be to actually fail at life in general, eeek sounds terrifying. Other than my obvious fear of losing my boyfriend/intimate family, or going blind or something like that, my boggart would probably be one of my weird phobias like the idea of someone putting pressure on or simply touching my ribs, or seeing collarbones and the ''chest boney'' area that many skinny people have. It absolutely terrifies me, it makes me so uncomfortable that I just want to crawl out of my skin. BLEGH

Mine is similar to yours, except for it's less in regard to grades and school and focused more on friends. A lot of my compadres are a year younger than me and I'm afraid that when I graduate they won't notice or care that I'm gone. My other boggart would probably be losing my family. (God. I'm such a Weasley!)

My biggest fear, my "boggart" is to not be remebered. Quite simple but huge and important for me. I want to be remebered by my peers, kids, colleges and hopefully the world.

I want to leave a print on this world with my name on it. :)

Love and prosper // CUB^3D

I'm really similar to Hermione in almost every aspect of my life, and I think that my boggart would be failure too. Not necessarily in school, but in all aspects of life. I fear not succeeding in anything I chose to do.

Either that or spiders *gross*

The first thing I thought of was Slenderman, but since I've managed to almost completely convince myself that he really isn't real... I would say death. Death is my absolute worst fear, I can't even bear to think about it. Failure is a pretty "everyday" fear for me... it seems like I'm constantly dealing with sucking at things, so I'm not really afraid of it that much anymore... Oh yeah. I hate spiders too, but they're just creepy. I bet I could handle a tarantula if I had to.

My biggest fear, my "boggart" is to not be remebered. Quite simple but huge and important for me. I want to be remebered by my peers, kids, colleges and hopefully the world.

I want to leave a print on this world with my name on it. :)

Love and prosper // CUB^3D

Same here! I've always been afraid of it, but (luckily!) I don't think about it much ^^

• 3 weeks later...

hm. Well, honestly, this might sound a bit cliche or superficial.

But my "boggart" would probably be not finding love, or dying alone.

or not having anyone by my side. Or getting married, and then getting a divorce.

gah. Or not getting into college. Or, doing IB and then not getting my diploma.

oh, goodness. I must stop. xL

Dying before I achieve the goals I have set myself in life. I used to fear getting addicted to smoke and becoming like some of my peers but I overcame that by trying it out and concluding that I disliked it. Unfortunately I can't seem to escape the thought of dying too soon... :( I know I will reach my goals, maybe sooner or later than I have anticipated but I will reach it if given the time... Hopefully things work out for the best, that's the most one can wish for :)

• 2 weeks later...

My greatest fear is related to failure, but not really it. I guess failing at something I've tried really hard to succeed in has happened to me and it has sucked, but while at the time I thought it would be the end of my world, it wasn't, life went on, and things actually got better. For example, in High School, my biggest fear would have been not getting into Oxford and ding-ding-ding, I didn't. The week I got my rejection was the worst week of my life. I was pretty much catatonic for a day and didn't leave my bed/attend classes/go to the mess for meals/talk to anyone. The rest of the week I was numb, quiet to the point of silent. I walked off campus and walked up the nearby mountain and cried my eyes out at the end of that week. Then, bit by bit, things got better.

So, I guess at that point in my life, I realised my greatest fear and survived it. My greatest fear now is not failing per se, it's failing at something or at life, but not being able to do anything about it, being stuck in a rut, being unable to better my situation and find a different way, or find a new dream.

My greatest fear would be not being able to recover from failure. Failure is inevitable in some form, overcoming it and finding a different way forward, that is commendable.

• 3 months later...

"I fear oblivion" - Augustus Waters, The Fault in our Stars (another amazing book everybody should read.)

Honestly, I do not really know. Sometimes I think it would be oblivion, at other moments it would be my entire family dead. Failure is pretty frightening for me, but most of the time it isn't just failure, it's everybody I love telling me that I'm not good enough and never will be.

Cheerful, isn't it? :/

I think my boggart would probably be either failure or being alone. While I don't generally like crowds per se and I like to be by myself sometimes, being utterly alone terrifies me. The fact that no one would be there for me and the notion that I might die on my own and no one would care is absolutely horrifying to me.