help. bought ti calculatoor book but have casio? :S

Avan:)

Hey,

I wanted to ask you whether the ti calculators book for ib maths is very similar to the casio ones in terms of buttons and functions ? I bought the OSC IB SL maths guide for TI calculators (as there was none for Casio ones..), but have no idea whether that makes any sense... is it of any use?

THanks very much of you can respond asap you can :S

- desperate IB student :help:

thank you!

Edited by Summer Glau
please don't use text speak

I have no idea what CASIO calculators look like. I thought that the IB requires you to use only TI calculators. Even among TIs the buttons are different. A friend had a TI 83 (and the rest of us have the TI 84 plus) and at the beginning she had problems finding the correct buttons.

What model of CASIO do you have? It should be able to perform the same things than a TI calculator.

Maybe your math teacher knows were the buttons are in a CASIO calculator and what they do, or you can figure out reading the manual. You could also consider borrowing/buying a TI.

• Like 1

oh, thanks for the tips. But my school kind of told us to buy only the casio fx-9860G version as the GDC... ( I don't know why).

So borrowing would be out of the question. I will just use the manual and see what functions are smiliar ;)

thanks. :)

oh, thanks for the tips. But my school kind of told us to buy only the casio fx-9860G version as the GDC... ( I don't know why).

So borrowing would be out of the question. I will just use the manual and see what functions are smiliar ;)

I have the same calculator. I've used both the TI and the CASIO . I personally find the CASIO easier to use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded a math-SL-specific manual here for you (Casio):

http://www.mediafire.com/?i3zbutix75f4ohv

It teaches you everything you need to know for IB SL using Casio calculators. Just experiment and practice. I have worked with both and honestly TI-84 Plus is something else! Everything can be done way faster than Casio. Everything is simpler. But that doesn't mean Casio is not capable!

Hope it helps