Psychology EE - Are We Allowed to Interview Experts for Our EE?

Stned

Dear readers, fellow IBers, EE experts and psychology EE writers,

are We (or am I) allowed to interview an expert for my EE and cite him/her as support for an argument in a psychology EE? If not, then is there any way around this? i.e. could I some how integrate their interviews/their knowledge/stuff they told me in the EE itself? (bonus question: how?)

Post-script: my topic is (since the specific research question is yet to be defined...) school motivation and drop outs, and mainly the reasons for dropping out. And as for the interviews, my intention is to possibly interview school psychologists and local youth organizations in order to gain some perspectives and support to some of the arguments I have gained from text books.

Good luck with your EE's, y'all! :blowkiss:

I think it should be fine; it's no different to getting an article/interview and integrating it into your EE, only that you were able to collate it yourself. :)

As to how to put it into your EE... I'd have a transcript of the interview(s), or a questionnaire, in your EE as part of your research to show that you've conducted this research yourself, and be able to refer to it in the main part of your EE. And since it's a Psychology EE, don't forget to ask a wide range of school psychologists - maybe you could email school psychologists from elsewhere to try and eliminate the possibility of culture playing a role in your research?

Okay thank you very much for your contribution. Highly appreciated.

I asked my EE supervisor today if I could research the reasons why students drop out from school by interviewing the school psychologists and other authorities, but she said that the EE is based on QUALITATIVE RESEARCH only.. So I guess I'll have to just use boring textbooks as sources :dontgetit: I'm so annoyed! :headchop:

I don't understand why the us hard-working people who do their EE's in humanities aren't allowed to DO anything...

However, if anyone disagrees with my supervisor and finds proof that I might be able to interview someone, I will gladly prove my supervisor wrong. (and that gift from god to humans shall receive virtual hugs until eternity)

Edited by Stned