Chronicle of a Death Foretold essay prompt help

So does anyone think that they could help me decode this essay prompt for Chronicle of a Death Foretold:

If one of the roles in literature is to provide insight into human nature, by what techniques and to what degree does Chronicle offer you such insight?

Can anyone help me decode it, pretty much no one else in my class has any idea either.

Ugh this book. I didn't like it one bit, but I can help you answer this question.

The first part of the question is "if one of the roles of literature is to provide insight into human nature." Providing insight into human nature is basically saying that the book is teaching us something about ourselves and how humans are. What does Chronicle teach us about our behavior, our minds, the way we act? And the second part of the question is "by what techniques and to what degree does Chronicle offer you such insight." This part is asking you "how does Chronicle give insight?" Does it do it through symbols, through themes, through characterization, through dialogue, through language? Things like that. And how far does Chronicle show it? Only a little bit? A lot?

Basically this question written in a simplified version is: "If one of the roles of literature is to teach us something about ourselves, what literary features and devices in Chronicle allow you to gain insight, and how much insight do these techniques/features give?"

Good luck! :)