exemplary paper 1, paper 2?

Today in English class my teacher read to us a paper 1 that had achieved a 25/25. Does anyone have a link or file of any more example paper 1 or paper 2 writes? I'd really like to see what they look like, and the example of a structure for the papers, since my teacher read the example one really fast and I wasn't able to think about it very much before she put it away.

I kfeel it's necessary to write stanza by stanza (to an extent), as meaning is developed throughout the poem, one idea leads on to the next. I woudlnt say things like 'in the first stanza...(give analysis), in the second stanza (give analysis), I'd go through the poem thematically. Theme 1, examples from stanza 1/ other relevant stanzas. I guess you could also link examples between stanzas that are relevant to the theme.

Hey Sandwich, do you usually end up structuring your commentary by going through it stanza by stanza?

Yeah although less stanza by stanza and more line by line and just making sure to relate things to each other/overarching themes as I go through. In my opinion it really helps you max out your literary analysis plus you don't have to waste any time planning or structuring your essay at the beginning. If you can make it all hold together I really think it's quite effective because you can develop things in a similar pattern to how the poem itself develops - and definitely you notice a lot of details you'd never have commented on if you'd divorced yourself to just sectioning it into themes by instead going through it thoroughly.

Maybe it's not for everybody, but it really used to work for me. The only thing I would say is that because you spot so many more things you have to be able to write pretty quickly in the actual exam! My hand would be about to drop off my wrist at the end of 2 hours.

• Like 2