Report Card?

IB 2012

I'm just wondering whether you actually get a normal semester report card besides your actual IB score? Like where it says how many days you were absent, with comments from the teachers and your semester grade... etc. And if so, are the universities actually interested in that?

THanks!

In the US at least, we get a report card about every nine weeks. My school year is divided up into four quarters, each being about nine-nine and a half weeks long so I get four report cards each year. I actually get a report card tomorrow lol. But on my report card it will list all of the classes I am taking as well as the grade (on my city's grade point scale so like A, A-, B, C, etc) that I earned in each class. My teachers can write a small comment underneath the grade to let me or my parents know anything, such as "good performance on tests" or "more participation in class needed." Small things like back. Underneath my grades lists my attendance for the quarter and will show how many days I missed. It actually has spaces for the entire year so I can see my first quarter grade, second quarter grade, semester exam grade, first semester average, third quarter grade, fourth quarter grade, second semester exam grade, second semester average, and final grade for the year.

Unis aren't really interested in my report card per say, but they care about my grades. When I applied to various unis in the fall last year, I had to send them a copy of my grades along with a grading scale that my school uses so they can see what kinds of grades I earn. Of course this isn't the only factor they look at but they use it to see what kind of student I am and use it as an indicator of how well I might perform at uni.

I get a report card 4 times a year; my school has two semesters, and I get one midterm and one final report card for each semester. I get my report card next week :P My report card is similar to emyski's, except they list a percentage grade for each course I take. The percentage grade that shows up on my report card is the IB percentage grade I've gotten so far as an average of all the tests, quizzes, etc I did up to that point, which is then converted using a conversion scale which tries to match the IB percentage with what I would have gotten if I was in the regular program instead of IB. So it's basically a grade inflation :P

My report card also lists stuff like number of absences and lates, and the course teacher writes you a comment for the course they teach you (though they are copy-pasted...). There's also a learning skills section that gives you a letter grade for stuff like initiative, homework completion, self-regulation. etc. You get a letter grade of E = excellent, G = good, S = satisfactory, or N = needs improvement.

But the universities don't really care about anything I talked about in the second paragraph lol. They only look at the percentage grades.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just wondering whether you actually get a normal semester report card besides your actual IB score? Like where it says how many days you were absent, with comments from the teachers and your semester grade... etc. And if so, are the universities actually interested in that?

THanks!

Yes we get those every quarter, but no, our school produces a transcript for each student containing our grades from since gr10 or so up to present. Containing only grades. The transcript is what unis are interested in.