Sign in to follow this  

Philosophy Prescribed Works

Gong ho IBros,

After learning from this magnificent community that we could be penalized in our language A1 paper for using literary works that were not studied in class during our two year voyage (apparently because the teachers send out forms stipulating what books they chose to teach to the IB examiners, which are expected to read them beforehand), I am starting to wonder whether I did the right thing in investing my time and sweat understanding John Stuart Mill's "On Liberty" over Nietzsche's "Genealogy of Morals", which we studied in class and which I found to be as enjoyable as sucking on a poop nugget. What seems to save me however is that, unlike the language A1 paper, Philosophy's paper 2 actually displays the questions for all works of arts proposed by the IB, meaning the paper is actually inviting me to answer on the book of my choice. Any old hands out there know the real deal?

Thank you kindly.

Well, A1 paper 2's questions are also generalised, as you said it's all determined by the form your teacher sends out; I'd suspect in Philo it'd depend on whether or not your teacher sent out such a form.

• Like 1

Thanks Tony. That's not very reassuring but at this point I guess it's gonna be double or quits for me. If anyone has any more details please feel free to share.