CAS Restrictions?

frisbo

Well, the IB kind of look on teenagers as angels. Though I do not see the reason why it would'nt be accepted, as long as you did'nt write that you drank it ^^-

But it's easier just do re do it, learn how to make non-alco drinks instead. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Rewrite the activity as making a non-alcoholic cocktail, e.g. Virgin Cuba Libre instead of Cuba Libre(that would be just Coke, but still :D ). In reality, I think it's more your CAS coordinator's opinion than the IBO, that you can't do anything related alcohol and cigarettes. For example, in my school DPC forbade a student from writting Economics EE on cigarette tax, even though it was probably completely fine with IBO. She saw it as unethical.

• 4 months later...

IB doesn't have any restrictions while doing the CAS activity. You don't have to re-do it actually but I think your teacher doesn't want to take any risks with this case. That is why maybe he/she tried to stop you. Here is an advice, it's better for you to re-do it. You won't lose anything (considering that it is not your senior year. If it is then both is risky). But nevertheless you don't want to risk your CAS activities since it is required for getting an IB diploma. Good luck! ;)