Sign in to follow this  

Can you answer more than two section B essays in P2?

Suppose I had enough time in the exam (p2) to respond to 3 essay questions instead of two, would the examiner read all of them and choose the best two? Our biology teacher suggested doing this in order to maximise marks and I just wanted to double check if that's allowed.

If a candidate has attempted more than the required number of questions within a paper or section of a paper,

mark all the answers and use the marks of those answers that have the highest mark, unless the candidate

has indicated the question(s) to be marked on the front cover.

From chem 2009 (new syllabus) p1 and p2. I assume its the same for bio, physics

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I would have enough time, I always had more then 30 minutes left at the end of the mock exams I did. Now I'm a bit confused as I've gotten contradicting responses. Any more views on this? Or does someone actually know for sure if this applies to biology as well?

If a candidate has attempted more than the required number of questions within a paper or section of a paper,

mark all the answers and use the marks of those answers that have the highest mark, unless the candidate

has indicated the question(s) to be marked on the front cover.

From chem 2009 (new syllabus) p1 and p2. I assume its the same for bio, physics

I mean they couldn't mark me down for answering more questions, right?

Thanks guys

Well no, IB doesn't ever grade DOWN :P

Easiest way to answer this is to find a paper2 and read the instructions throughout the entire paper.

If you find nothing there I would assume they will only grade 2, either the first two in the exam or the 2 you pick when you fill out the sheet for your invigilator and stuff.