How is our final grade decided?

omri

Okay, so I know the portfolios are 10% each, P1 is 40% and P2 is 40%..

But how is the grade actually decided?

To they take the marks from each thing and do an average?

Do they take the number you got on the test, (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) and average that?

If I got a 5 on my IA, will two sevens be enough to score a 7, or do I need high 7's?

What about a 5 on the IA, and a 6 and a 7?

In short, how is our final grade decided?

The gods of IB math have the final say on your grade.

So make burnt offerings to them, worship their picture 3x a day at minimum, chant, etc. Whatever it takes.

Your paper 1, 2 and IA grades will be scaled to give you a total score out of 100. To scale your individual scores, you have to multiply each of your assessments by a certain number (the IB grade boundaries will tell you which numbers) and add them up to give you a total out of 100. So if you got 73/90 on paper 1, 82/90 on paper 2, and 25/40 on your IA, multiply 73 by 0.444, 82 by 0.444, and 25 by 0.5. Then add those up which will give you a total out of 100. Then check the grade boundaries to see what grade out of 7 the total corresponds to.

So...

72*0.444 = 31.968

82*0.444 = 36.408

25*0.5 = 12.5

total = 80.476

That would be a high 6.You can download the IB grade boundaries for yourself in the General IB downloads section. http://www.ibsurviva...oundaries-2010/

To answer your other question: if you got a 5 on your IA, you would probably need two 7s, one low 7 and one mid-to-high 7 to get a 7 overall.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The gods of IB math have the final say on your grade.

So make burnt offerings to them, worship their picture 3x a day at minimum, chant, etc. Whatever it takes.

Your paper 1, 2 and IA grades will be scaled to give you a total score out of 100. To scale your individual scores, you have to multiply each of your assessments by a certain number (the IB grade boundaries will tell you which numbers) and add them up to give you a total out of 100. So if you got 73/90 on paper 1, 82/90 on paper 2, and 25/40 on your IA, multiply 73 by 0.444, 82 by 0.444, and 25 by 0.5. Then add those up which will give you a total out of 100. Then check the grade boundaries to see what grade out of 7 the total corresponds to.

So...

72*0.444 = 31.968

82*0.444 = 36.408

25*0.5 = 12.5

total = 80.476

That would be a high 6.You can download the IB grade boundaries for yourself in the General IB downloads section. http://www.ibsurviva...oundaries-2010/

To answer your other question: if you got a 5 on your IA, you would probably need two 7s, one low 7 and one mid-to-high 7 to get a 7 overall.

So you would not multiple 0.444 and 0.5 by the percentage of what you get? Just the actual marks you get?

Guest CasaNova

no.. you multiply number of points you get in your papers... so you got 45/90 in bth of your papers and you got 20/40 in your IA and number of points you have is: 20+20+10=50% and then you find the final grade boundary for math and see where is 50% :D

no.. you multiply number of points you get in your papers... so you got 45/90 in bth of your papers and you got 20/40 in your IA and number of points you have is: 20+20+10=50% and then you find the final grade boundary for math and see where is 50% :D

From all of the overall boundaries you have seen, what are the requirements for a overall 4 for TZ1?

Guest CasaNova

i really dont know.. sorry... i am also extremely scared for myself.. i have seen so many boundaries that i have mixed opinion.but i blieve that for 4 we will have to have around 50+ percent..

i really dont know.. sorry... i am also extremely scared for myself.. i have seen so many boundaries that i have mixed opinion.but i blieve that for 4 we will have to have around 50+ percent..

I remember seeing last years for TZ1 and it was 48, for TZ2 it was 55. Which TZ are you?