Concerning P2 Questions

Wanaja

Our teacher showed us the Paper 2 questions from past two years, and it seemed like there was one question from each section of an option. For example, under Human Relationships there was a question on social responsibility, interpersonal relationships and violence (sections 8.1, 8.2 & 8.3 respectively). Does anyone know whether this is a typical pattern in Paper 2 exams?

The way they designed 2011 paper was by taking a command term from each subtopic: one from 8.1, one from 8.2 etc., so I guess they are going to continue doing the same thing this year too. This sort of - kind of allows you to play the system as you can learn only one sub-topic very well, and thus excel in it.

Guys, in abnormal psychology. There are 3 sections: Concepts & diagnosis, Disorders, Treatments.

In specimen paper there is no Treatments at all. It did come up in May and Nov 2011. So do you guys think IBO is going to take a command term from each subtopic this year?..

I know better be safe than sorry, but I don't have much time :surrender: Maths HL p1 and psych on the same day.

Try to do as much as you can do, and if you have an easy time on the psych exam it will be easier on the math as well. :)

Try to get a grip of what abnormal psychology is, and by that you can answer most of the questions with something atleast.

And ofc, to make it easy, learn only on disorder really good, PTSD etc.

Good luck man.

hmmm...I learned only 1 section and I was reeeally lucky. I studied for paper 1 a lot and completely forgot about paper 2. So I had no choice because it's impossible to learn two options on the day before the exam day (Yes, I'm doing HL. Or wait...WAS doing?). So I learned a section from each option. In developmental I was lucky. And actually there were even TWO questions from the section I learned! So I guess they changed it... The second options was good because I got a question really similar to what I wrote in EE. Though in paper 3 I will lose points. I completely forgot about that purposive sampling. Oh well. I COULD have done better but we'll see in july :)