IB promotional video. What do you think about it?

marauder7

I found this video on YouTube:

I am the kind of person that complains about IB, but at the same time defends it when someone ( a non-IB person) criticizes the program.

At this point of my life I am not sure how I feel about this video...

But I am sure of one thing: "I am excited about my EE" <--- Really? come on!! :/

And the background music pfffffff <_<

What are your opinions?

I think that the video was right to mention the EE as being a useful element of the IB course. It is a splendid opportunity for students to do a little individual study on a topic of their own choice, and to report and discuss it in a relatively formal way. Of course, other school educational programmes can involve similar activities, but they don't always count for the final diploma awarded. The IB better recognizes how important this kind of personally motivated research can become in later studies or in a career.

I think the video is quite alright compared to some of the other IB videos I've seen online. I also agree with HiggsHunter on the topic of the EE. I think the extended essay is a great way to prepare to students for university styled research.

This is very propaganda-like which is warranted since they are promoting the IB. But they don't paint a very accurate picture of IB. Not one of the students said, "there's a lot of work", etc.

The girl (the one who has braces) did say that IB is rigorous..

Yes, but the IB picture that the video presents is still not accurate.

And about the EE, it IS a good preparation. But I doubt that IB students are actually excited about it. And if someone is excited, then he/she is a minority.

Well, it is the same IB cheesy way of presenting the program, the idea.

But come on guys, you make it sound like you truly hate the IB, it's hard and sometimes frustrating. But it WILL help us a lot in the future.

(Atleast I hope so, otherwise..!) ;)

Too much nothing going on there. It's IB propaganda, I mean sure IB may give all those things they mentioned at some point, but there should've been something about the hard work we, IB students, will be required to input in order to even finish the IB, that would be only fair to the people who are trying to find out whether the IB is really what they want or not.