IB video

Beni

I, along with 2 other classmates, are in the midst of filming some footage for our IB video. The head of IB at our school proposed we'd show off the IB learner profile at this school. How would you do this? I already have my plan set out but a different perspective is always helpful.

The ten objectives of the IB learner profile should make an excellent structure for your video. Where possible, I would suggest composing little scenes to illustrate the attributes instead of just having students or teachers talk about them.

The IB Programme Standards and Practices document that I uploaded to the "Other IBO documents" part of the Files section specifies the implementation of the learner profile in the PYP, MYP and DP. Your video could help your school address these practices as part of its self-study in the programme evaluation process.

The ten objectives of the IB learner profile should make an excellent structure for your video. Where possible, I would suggest composing little scenes to illustrate the attributes instead of just having students or teachers talk about them.

The IB Programme Standards and Practices document that I uploaded to the "Other IBO documents" part of the Files section specifies the implementation of the learner profile in the PYP, MYP and DP. Your video could help your school address these practices as part of its self-study in the programme evaluation process.

I was actually intending to show the IB learner profile "in action" with some narration explaining each part. The teacher suggested the video should be around 5 minutes in length but still be able to keep the audience (the whole school next year) entertained and interested. At the moment I'm trying to find the ideal shots for each of the 10 profiles.

For some it's difficult to depict them so that people get a good idea by what is meant.

Yes, some objectives would be more difficult than others to illustrate, especially in such a short time! Perhaps it would be easier to actually subtitle each learner profile attribute while continuing with the narrative.

Good luck with the shooting! I hope that you can upload your video to YouTube in due course.