Changing Subjects

So, I'm in my first year of IB, and i'm taking three sciences.

I only recently found out that i didnt need to take three sciences, and am now wondering if the IB itself allows subjects to be changed- and catching up over summer.

I cant take courses, nor can i really talk to the coordinator about it.

Thank you.

How far in to your first year are you?

Also, why is it that you can't talk to your DP coordinator? S/he is the one that can ultimately make the decision. You have to ask them. But as far as the IB is concerned, you should be able change subjects to up until your names are registered with the IBO (in IB2, as I have been told)

You can change your subjects whenever you want, just talk to your mentor first and s/he will help you, Im sure of it.

The only problem with chaning subjects is your performance, it can sometimes be hard to all suddenly change subjects, but if you think you are up for it you should do it as fast as possible. :)

Good luck.

Hello there,

I have same problem too.Now i'm taking a HL Chemistry and SL Physics but i want to change them into HL Economics and SL History ..But i can change it only in summer (After 25th June) because of our Turkish Educational System.I'm now 11th grade,can i change them?

The easiest way to go about is to talk to your coordinator or mentor, but as far as I know, one can change their subject whenever they want. The resposibility is on you as student to be able to withstand the change, hence passing the subject when exams comes.