Hey, the May examination session is only after a week and I feel very weak about my knowledge. The fact is, after spending four nights in one week studying without sleep, I had my blood pressure increased and doctors advised me not to do serious learning. I feel that I am not going to do well in the exams, but I am ready to retake them next year. My problem is that I can even get 28 or less points as an overall score, which is not good at all. My question is, if I study good enough and retake exams improving overall score to 36-39 points, will foreign universities be not reluctant to have me enrolled because of my low score before the retake? Can I still manage to be enrolled in one of Top 100 world universities? I know there is not a single answer to this, but what do you think? Has a similar situation happened to anyone here?

Well I would say to still try to do well in the May 2012 exams. Still try your hardest, because retakes can be expensive (depending on whether your school pays for them or not) and it means an extra year of IB. Try to do well in at least a few of your subjects (your best subjects) in the May 2012 session so you don't have to retake as many subjects next year.

Please get some sleep because staying up all night studying is useless; in fact it could be the reason why you feel weak about your knowledge. You're probably too tired to remember anything at 4am. Don't compromise your health for IB exams; you will do best when you're healthy and well-rested.

By the way, I'm not 100% sure if the uni would know if you retook your subjects even if you didn't tell them, but probably not. But if they found out, it could jeopardize your application so I would just be honest.

• Like 1