TOK essay and presentation

Gizmo

Well it's the time of the year where the teachers decide that it's time. If it was any other class or teacher I'd have no problem, but this teacher literally wasted our year up to now.
Click to read rant ->

Spoiler - Click me!
Ok so basically the teacher is 1. Bias, 2. has own mindset to our opinions (he failed someone's assignment for disagreeing with him) 3. he jumps all over the place with his notes 4. He just dislikes our class in general

[Close]

Anyways, so yah..I was just told that our rough draft is going to be due very soon although I've picked my "topic" ("Science is built of facts the way a house is built of bricks: but an accumulation of facts is no more science than a pile of bricks is a house" (henri Poincare). Discuss in relation to science and atleast on other area of knowledge.") I've got no idea where to start. I was thinking how it's like language where you'd need to learn the vocab and grammar before you can clearly express yourself. Or with math/sciences, you'd need to learn all the formula before you can apply them. And without application, those formula are like useless. But the only thing I have proper notes on are like, logic and thats it.. So I'm not sure how I can connect ideas and what not to ToK issues.

For the presentation, after changing our topics 5 times our teacher decided it was ok for us to work on the question
"Whether or not IB is a good program for students to enroll in" something in those lines. We have some general ideas but not enough..
So I was wondering if someone would help, just to spark some ideas to start with. I'm seriously drained from the eco profilo that was moved a weekend before. =/

Please and thank you for anyone who reads this, I'd appreciate your help.

[quote name='HMSChocolate' post='14589' date='Apr 6 2008, 05:55 PM']The essay: [url="http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1387&st=0"]http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?...c=1387&st=0[/url]

The presentation....can't at all imagine any TOK issue that you can use to talk about in that topic. :P Let's hope others have some ideas to help you[/quote]

Well, we our teacher tried to force "Which University is a good choice" onto us..and because of his odd process of thought..it's almost impossible to determine what he expects..

Thanks anyways..and as of the linked ToK essay list, I already read it, but didn't really help much =/