What is an 'acceptable' number of literary devices at HL?

My paper is tommorrow so maybe this is a bad time to ask, but I'm just a little confused because I feel like I get really different opinions and tips from different places/people. On the whole, I seem to be able to attempt an un-seen passage pretty well (I rarely, ever, do poetry) but despite getting a 20/25 during my mock exam, I scored lowest in the criterion that rewards identifying and analysing literary devices. I usually organize my essays using something similar to the SCASI method (setting/character/action/style/idea) so I thought I should be able to mention everything.

This is why I tried to do poetry, but I really really can't. So I know that IB examiners consider mentioning things like narrative voice, characterization, setting/use of time, etc. as literary analysis in a prose passage, correct? But of course at HL you should be able to go deeper into these as well as recognizing many many more things like the basic metaphors, similes, imagery and then going on to things like chiasmus, euphemisms, & all those fancier sounding devices. The thing is despite being able to analyze a passage and get a pretty good grip on it, I tend to miss out on these devices. I know the names, I know what they are but, but I never see them.

Does anyone have a rough idea of 'how many' devices should be mentioned? IB wouldn't give a passage that doesn't have lots to talk about, but I'm not kidding as I go through tons of practice papers I don't see a lot of those fancier sounding devices. I'm aiming for a 7. Now what?! Please help.

There isn't a set number. Remember that words such a "plot" even count... The way I do it is by finding an overall theme I will focus on, then talking about the tone (usually a big one most people seem to forget). After I'll usually look for imagery or anything else that sort of pops. Just make sure it has meaning. Also, if you mention a device but can't remember it's name, don't worry. It's not the end of the world...

Oh yeah, as far as "fancy sounding devices" are concerned... I've looked through past papers and the mark schemes. I haven't really seen them even ebing mentioned in the mark scheme even though I could identify one or two. Mostly it's things like metaphors, similes, personification, onomatopoeia, etc... I do recall in one past paper they mentioned ellipsis, but I doubt many people caught onto that and I don't think they'd be penalized for it if they created a coherent, well argumented essay.