soooo. Psychology? Where to start...

Hearts

Really, im having a bit of a brain fart moment.

Coming to revising both the cognitive and biological levels of analysis, and im a bit stumped.

HOW OR WHAT DO YOU DO TO STUDY FOR PSYCHOLOGY?!

like, sounds nonsensical but really. the teacher is saying write out each syllabus point as if it's a 22 mark question, and theres ALL these handouts and theories and booklets and im like.

o.o

Where should one start!!?!

ad i can hardly find any notes or guides online other than the simple syllabus, theres no answered guides?!

D:

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/16334-tips-to-answer-the-p1-question-well/

write out the learner outcomes on note cards with relevant studies, do not panic most of them are really easy if you haven't studied at all good luck as the exam is tomorrow try and relax and just read a bunch of studies and that should help you. It is really hard to get a zero on the questions.

Getting sources is good, but just remember that making your own notes from sources is most efficient.

Psychology is essentially about studies honestly.

For each syllabus point have at least three studies.

Most important thing about writing psychology essays is the command term.

Adress the command term.

Like discuss, explain, evaluate. You can find these off the net as well.

And remember to critically evaluate the case studies.

Like include limitations to a study which you used to back up a point.

I know it may sound pretty stupid to criticise what backs up your argument, but its for critical analsysis.

A good way to study, is to write down the researcher/studies on post-it and put 'em on the wall next to your computer (guessing you spend a lot of time there)

there, now you have constant revision. :)

To find those studies, you go through the learning outcomes and try to answer each with one or two studies, explain the study briefly and tada. :) It goes quite fast when you are in the roll. :)

Good luck.

The way I'm doing this:

Going by the Questions and writing down my "Go-To" Studies. Multiple Studies are able to be used in multiple essays!

My teacher said: "If you don't have a lot of time, master ONE level. Everything with that level. So that when it comes down to it you can at best get 30 out of 46 marks in P1."

If you look at the IB Grade Boundaries, you would be on your way to a 7 ;)

Oh goodness I'm cramming right now and I have the test in less than 3 hours... We're going to be okay! Some tips on what to NOT study - don't focus as much on the questions/topics that were asked last year if you're HL (maybe even if you're SL, but I'm not too sure about that, so don't count on what I say) because they will most likely not ask the same questions or focus on the same topics. Of course, go over it a little - the studies that are relevant - because you might be able to use those studies in other questions.

My exam is in less than 9 hours :busytype: I am actually researching 1 or 2 studies per each section within a unit on a deeper basis (e.g. localization of brain function in biological) so I get a quick but deeper understanding of the study. I think this would actually help me clearly remember the studies in relevance to the sections, rather than constantly rereading them over and over again. Regardless, I am panicking so much right now omg

• 3 weeks later...