Marina And The Diamonds - an IB artist?

Stned

Hello music lovers! :music:

I discovered Marina and the Diamonds last summer and found that she had gone through IB in the winter! (which proves I do not simply listen to her because she's a fellow IBer. Because, lets face it, KeSha was on pre-IB for crying out loud) I like her style, unique voice and especially her lyrics. Those of you curious to which IB school she went to here's a link to the always reliable (*cough cough*) Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Catherine's_British_Embassy_School

Marina is Welsh. Her genre is a kind-of pop (haha) and her lyrics are meaningful in a variety of ways. She's very interesting as an artist and people seem to be thrilled about the way she criticises e.g. Hollywood and role of women. Her latest album is about love.

If you haven't heard any of her songs I suggest you go to YouTube and form your own opinion!

Here is a link to one of her newest songs with a music video, Primadonna:

Do you think you can tell she went through IB by her great song-writing skills? :giggle:

Aww I love her! I also found out about her last summer when I was in the store buying a jacket and I heard one of her songs playing over the store radio, I was like "what is this awesome song I must go listen to it." I wouldn't have thought she'd have gone through IB though. Or anyone famous for that matter. XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Who would have said it? This doesn't change much of my opinion of her, though.

She's so inspiring to me, I love her and have loved her ever since I heard her cover of "Starstrukk" by 30h!3. Now, you all go and listen to it if you haven't already. (Or else... :angrymob: ). Jk.

Edited by Valeria Pezzino

• 10 months later...