Will my IB test get invalidated? Threatened

Hey guys,

So I made the mistake of tweeting about the IB english test after I got out. I didn't know/no one mentioned that you aren't allowed to talk about the test within 24 hrs of taking it. I didn't know that this rule existed, i guess i could have figured it out my self but it just never crossed my mind.

Anyways, after I tweeted that a few people retweeted it because they liked it. and then several hours later someone twitter messaged me about the 24 hr rule and to take it down. I freaked out and set my twitter on private but forgot to delete the tweet.

then just now I got a tweet from someone who was like "have fun getting your english paper invalidated" (forgot what the tweet says i can't find it anymore) like in a really threatening tone.

So the thing is that now the tweet is deleted (idk about the retweets tho)

and I privated my profile. My profile doesn't have my full name in it tho, just my first name so what are the chances that IB will track me down and find me?

all my tweet said was "(IB)ull****ted 6 pages about _____" as a joke and i didn't even put the title of the poem or what the poem was about. just the subject of the poem.

anyways

i just looked up the 24 hr rule and somewhere it says that you can't even mention how hard or easy it was. like you can't say ANYTHING about it

but i know SOOOO many people on twitter and Facebook who have openly talked about the exam like how hard it was and which one they did etc.

so how hard does IB enforce the 24 hr rule? it was an honest mistake. I didn't know about the rule and now that i do i deleted it.

i just hope it doesn't get invalidated cuz i want to at least get my IB diploma.

thank guys

Ok... Calm down. First, the IB won't track you down. The only instance when the IB has ever attempted to track someone down was because they were exchanging information across time zones and that was a few years ago. You should be more worried about the person who might report you, because then he/she can go your IBC and get you into trouble. (Maybe that person was just trying to scare you?) But, I doubt your IBC is that empty-hearted to invalidate your exam. In the worst case scenariot, some kid will report you to the IBC. The IBC will send a irregularity report to IB and (probably) nothing will happen.

Edited by Vol de Mort

okay. so since 24hrs has passed..

all i said was "(IB)ull****ted 6 pages about the birth of owl-eyed butterflies"

like that def doesn't count as cheating right cuz all i mentioned was the topic of the poem but it didn't disclose which poem it was or actual details of the poem...

like am i still in the clear?

thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it, there's no point in upsetting yourself about it and I doubt very highly that anything would come of it. Don't worry - whoever sent you that threat about having your paper invalidated was talking out of their own behind to try and freak you out, ignore them, they have no idea what they're on about. It's just somebody being vindictive and petty. The 24 hour rule is more about the intentional spreading of information to try and help others cheat - and important on sites like this where you have a lot of people from different timezones all in the same place - but just posting at random after your exam is not a serious thing.