Physics EE topic suggestions

Nabz

Tomorrow is a big day for me because at my school, tomorrow, the whole day we can work on our EE (research and stuff like that) but my problem is that i've changed topics two times and i can't seem to decide which one would be good.

My first topic was to do with paranormal which falls under Philosophy but since Philosophy isn't taught at my school and it is a hard topic to do, my supervisor just rejected the idea.

Then i looked at the car headlights because i'm interested in cars but then my new supervisor said that it was too much of a dull topic...

Now, my interests are to do with cars and i've done a chapter on Mechanics, Energy, SHM, waves and my upcoming topics are to do with electricity, global climate change (i think that's what the topic is called) and then for extension i've got astro phyics

but the problem is that i have to come with a topic which can be experimented easily in the physics lab and it's not too much of a complication.

My main interest however remain within cars.

Please through up some ideas because i'm in need of big help and i HAVE to think of something before tomorrow.

I presume from what you say that you want to do your EE in physics, so it shouldn't be difficult to choose a topic related to cars.

For example, since you will be studying electricity it might be interesting to investigate any correlation between the internal resistance of a car battery and its state of charge (as indicated by the specific gravity of the electrolyte). You should be able to do this with the equipment in any school lab, and used car batteries are easily obtainable.

Ok so i was thinking about car engines, but then it has to be something within the engine which can be tested in the lab. So what part of car engine contributes into producing horse power and how can that be tested in a lab? I mean i can't have a car engine in the lab..

Yes, you would have to select an engine component that you can analyse using basic school physics, and test in the lab without special equipment.

In modern car engines, sensors are important to provide accurate information to the engine control unit that optimises the power output. There are many different types of sensor for measuring rotation and linear position, acceleration, temperature and pressure. Pick a type that uses a fairly simple principle that you can experiment with in the lab, such as a solenoid whose inductance is altered by the position of a short-circuiting ring.