Offering last minute clarification for exams

-_-

Hi,

Exams coming up pretty soon, if anyone feels like he/she has any question concerning Weimar/Hitler/Stalin/Cold War/World War I and II/USSR 1928-1991 then feel free to ask. I'll help if it's possible :)

May everyone get a solid 7 in History!

• Like 1

*Hitler:

- Weakness of Left-wing opposition

- Miscalculation of Papen and Conservative politicians

- Great Depression + Heinrich Bruning's tight fiscal policy => economic situation in Germany

- Nazi propaganda

- Hitler's personal appeal and ability

- Germany's authoritarian tradition

- Weimar proportional voting system, article 48,

*Stalin:

- Firstly, Lenin and Sverdlov were dead in 1924.

- Stalin was a very shrewd person but people perceived him as dull and harmless

=> Underestimating him

- Stalin was a populist, moving with the current to get support

- The system ensured that bureaucrats like Stalin would be more favored than technocrats

- Stalin was able to outmanoeuvre all his opponents: Zinoviev, Kamenev, Bukharin, Trotsky

- No united front against Stalin until too late => accused of factionalism

- Trotsky was arrogant

- Stalin knew how to made alliance and then backstabbed them.

Edited by -_-

here are a few points to look at

WWI- short term causes:

Balkan Wars 1912/1913, Balkan crisis 1914 (assassination of Franz Ferdinand), The Blank Cheque, The Austrian ultimatum, mobilization race, alliance systems

WWI- long term causes:

Industrialization and change of balance of powers, decline of the Ottoman empire, nationalism, growing strength of Germany, Alliance system, naval race, imperialism, maroccan (1905/1911) and bosnian crisis (1908)....

WWII- short term causes:

anything really from 1936 and 1939 (polish crisis, sudeten crisis, munich and appeasement,...), nazi-soviet pact, pact of steel with italy, anti-communist aggression pact with japan,

WWII- long term causes:

Hitler's rise to power caused by weaknesses of weimar, resentment due to the treaty of versailles, the wall street crash, failure of disarmament at geneva, failure of the league of nations to protect abyssinia and manchuria, bad diplomacy (hoare-laval pact, german-naval agreement),....

these are just a few points, theres loads to talk about...

Edited by Eastcoast93

I would normally divide into long-term/short-term/immediate (the casus belli) but doing the way Eastcoast93 had suggested is pretty fine as well, make sure you point out clearly the time scope in your essay. Above are main points that everyone should know if they want to get anything 14+

yeah i agree with -.- (i don't know how to write that name) above- you should organize it differently. i just laid it out this way for quick understanding. but the structure it will take in an actual essay will vary, also what you decide to include. obviously it is impossible to include everything.

Edited by Eastcoast93

Not exactly about the topics, but rather the general exam structure: Why is it that you need 17+ points on a single essay to get a 7, but only approx. 26/40 (so around 13) points to get a 7 in Paper 2?

I've been studying really hard these past few weeks, but this is kind of creeping me out-- are the examiners thaaaat strict, or is the exam actually passable for people who study?

Also, people on various forums are arguing whether you should include histiography or not to get a 7... but in fact you don't need the 'higher bands' to get a 7 overall so is it better to just forget about it in general? =/ (so confused right now...)

because paper 1 is much easier to get +17 points on I assume. After all, a lot of points are comprehension really. I've never gotten anything lower than a 20 on paper 1. Its much harder to write a good essay in paper 2 in my opinion.

Well, my teacher is really big on historiography but I didn't include a single historian on any of my essays in my mocks, and I still got a 7. So I guess it doesn't really matter.

....aaaand at this point I'm beginning to wish my teachers taught with the IB grading system instead of the Austrian marking system... haha... *sob* (On my last mock exam I got... 9/10? Which I guess counts for something? xDD)

In any case I guess I'll just try my best to answer the damn question instead of waffling around with random names then. ^^ Thanks and good luck on your exam!