Question about Extended Essay

ibkid

No, some schools recommend that you only write an EE in a subject that you have taken, merely because it is assumed that you will be more successful if you are familiar with the curriculum of a given subject. Others merely demand that you write it in a subject that is offered by that school, but [i]as far as I know[/i], the IBO allows you to write it in any area that is offered in the program, as long as you can find a suitable staff advisor.

• 4 weeks later...

but it would be easier to write your EE on a subject you are taking as you have studied how to analyze events and stuff in that subject, and also for choosing a supervisor it would be easier if they were an IB teacher actually teaching the subject so they can help you better.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='yazzie' post='15970' date='May 3 2008, 03:57 PM']but it would be easier to write your EE on a subject you are taking as you have studied how to analyze events and stuff in that subject, and also for choosing a supervisor it would be easier if they were an IB teacher actually teaching the subject so they can help you better.[/quote]

My friend doesn't take biology, but he still chooses to pick biology as an EE and our supervisor didn't mind. Pick the EE you are most interested in! Doesn't matter how much u know about it. :D