Geography HL/SL Paper 1!

MegCarr

Heyy guys!

What did you think of the Geography paper 1 exam?

I thought it was pretty decent, although it was harder than 2011!

I had to improvise for a couple questions cause i wasn't expecting those parts to be on the exam (ie. the disparities between ethnicities question)

Paper 1 seemed really easy except for the topic 3, 5 point question about atmosphere and temperature change.

Agree, that was quite strange, but oh well, It was as expected. Not terribly difficult, not terrible easy.

Btw, the obvious answer to the disparities between ethnicities question would be the Apartheid in South Africa.

I thought Section B was pretty interesting, they combined aspects of different Core sub-topics (e.g. Migrations and disparities and wealth and development) whereas in the 2011 paper Section B questions were individually related to only one Core sub-topic..

But before the exam I was hoping for a Section B question on Migration.. so I'm pretty happy! :)

Just out of curiosity- which options do you guys have for your paper 2 exam on Monday? I've got Freshwater/Hazards and Disasters/Urban Environments

• 2 weeks later...

Paper 1 was okay. I found it a little simple at times that I questioned my answers, but I think it went fine. Paper 2 was really chilled; I was happy with the questions - espeically with the Fresh Water unit. My other two units werew Geo of Food and Health and Urbanization.

As for Paper 3, I picked the last question and I reckon I aced answer A but for Answer B i'm pretty unsure as I wasn't too clear on cultural diffusion and hence didn't have really convincing case studies to back up my statements. Oh well, it's done now and luckily Paper 2 takes the heighest weighting in the final exam :)

• 6 months later...

Paper 1 seemed really easy except for the topic 3, 5 point question about atmosphere and temperature change.

Does anyone remember the paper 1 exam questions excluding the disparities one?

Would really help if someone could post them, thank you

Edited by Gameo