Music exam (since 24 hours has passed)

GSdudeman

So how did you guys think the exam went? Did you answer Copland or Mozart? Also does anyone happen to know what the last extract is called, I loved the Jazzy groove it had, reminded me of Esperanza Spalding. Been looking everywhere for it but I can't seem to find out what its called!

I think mine went okay, the questions were quite easy to answer, I thought. I answered the Mozart one since I hadn't studied much for Copland at all :P

One problem we had was that we definitely thought we would be getting the recordings for both Mozart and Colpand since our teacher provided it for us in our mock exam... we found out this wasn't the case when we actually started the exam! Thankfully Mozart was about form so it didn't really matter, but I'm definitely going to warn the Y1 kids haha.

I too liked the jazz piece! I also had the world music one stuck in my head for the rest of the day as well :P

last year in may was the first time they had the "new" exam for music, and then I remember in our school they didnt know about not having tracks for the prescribed works, so we were told tons of times ^^.

I did the copland question since I prepared pretty well for both works, but really did not expect anything on mvt. 2 to come up (I focused on 1 and 4 since they are the main ones).

Does anyone remember what track 2 was called? The name was given but I cant remember it

@MagCarr

I put the first extract as being Late Renaissance/Early Baroque, since it had that polyphonic section and It was also in Latin. There wasn't any real dissonance or experimentation of tone colour so I don't think its Romantic. Plus there's the lute in it as well :P.

@Casey Rosner

I also linked Mussorgsky to the Jazz one as well! I wrote down some of the lyrics I could remember after I got out of the exam and typed them into google, hoping for the best, but I couldn't find it at all. I even tried playing the bassline into soundhound and no luck :(

Leave it to IB to find a song no one has ever heard of :clap:

I loved the jazz song haha. I put it as 1940-1955... funk

Anyways, I personally chose Magnificat as with the partition it was much easier to decompose. And yes, the latin and use of religious terms such as Deo, Spiritus and one other I forgot placed it 1500-1650

• 2 weeks later...

Yes for the Magnificat piece I also identified it as a piece of Baroque music. I honestly loved this exam so much - it ended up being my favorite one out of all of the exams that I took; it stayed within the syllabus and didn't ask obscure questions as with Maths or Chemistry :P IB Music all the way! :D

• 1 year later...